newbie to the forum

mrbear666

hi there everyone im mike from wales, uk. im a cycling and bodybuilding fanatic! i have been a vegan since january and its the best change ive ever made to my life! i love studying nutrition and fitness and listening to other peoples experiences and views on them also. i have many rescue animals including ducks chickens and ferrets, there one of the reasons i became vegan. look forward to chatting to like minded people!

Nice I just saw that you started a journal too. Congrats on making such a positive change, hold tough man the holidays are coming up and can be the hardest to stick to a new diet. You are so close to your one year mark, keep pushing!

-Dylan

hi MF, thanks for the kind comments. been looking through your log, your strong as an ox!

i dont really know what to make of the lance thing really, i think theyve made him out to be alot worse than he is. i dont agree with drugs in sport but there is always going to be especially cycling and other really hard endurance events. i personally think that all the top riders are on the juice of some kind, so i dont why they are hunting lance down so much! whatever the outcome he is still an inspiration to me and many cancer victims/survivors that have followed him, drugs or not. no amount of drugs will make an average person be able to do whats hes done, i beleive you still have to be a super human. the press seem to make out like he just took some drugs and turned into the best cyclist of all time because of them, forgetting the thousands of miles and hard work he and other top cyclists put in. drugs in sport is bad but i dont see a way of stopping it! i love cycling, an still consider him to have won the 7 tours. i bet the guys who finished second and 3rd do aswel! thats just my opinion on it,

whats your take sir?

He's guilty absolutely, but no more than any of the other riders. I think he was always going to be hunted as Lance was really the only one that spoke out about doping and vehemently denied ever using anything. He spoke out and doing that you put yourself at risk of becoming a target for the UCI, WADA etc etc. But his plan was always to be undeniably the best in the world and he achieved that, just not clean like he always wanted the world to believe. I've done a couple of stage races and I see what goes on at the NZ elite level, so to think the Pro's are clean is pretty crazy really. 3,500km with a 40kph average speed isn't possible, having said that I think now we are witnessing a slow cleaning up of the sport which is a good thing.

i agree with you there MF. i dont think sports, well, elite level sports will ever be totally clean tho because of the money side of things. i bet theres all kinds of new undetectable drugs coming out all the time too. but any cleaning up is a good thing!

good luck with your heavy training!

mike

There are some clean athletes even at the top, my wifes' cousins cousin (who was ranked #1 triathlete in the world for more than a year) is clean as a whistle. I know her well and she's told me what it takes to succeed at the top without drugs. She's competed at a couple of Olympics, but if you look at her results she's consistent but not winning all of the time. I'd be suspicious of either the ones that win ALL of the time or someone that goes from average to a winner in a short amount of time, often after months or years of mediocre results.

thats so cool having someone like that in your family id be driving them nuts for tips and secrets all the time haha

i know what you mean with the results thing, what was your take on that girl from.....china...was it? the young swimmer? iam undecided on that one but it did get alot of media attention.

theres a huge amount of steroid use around where i live, one of the reasons i stopped going to the gym

The young girl from China, I'm sure she is 'on'. A few key factors being the condition she was in after her gold medal performances (smiling, not even out of breath). Looked like she would have swam harder and faster in training lol. Plus, why had the world never heard of a swimmer that talented before the Olympics? Because she needed to kept off the radar and out of scrutiny in the buildup to the Olympics (I'm pretty sure she had no drug tests where she did all of her training in China). She'll have a harder time from now on though, will be interesting to see if we see her in Rio. It's a shame that the drugs are always ahead of the testing systems.

Yeah, it's a big deal when Andrea races. We tend to all get round the TV and cheer her on haha, Rio will probably be her last Olympic Games if she gets picked. All or nothing!

yeh i think your right mate, i find it strange how its always the unknowns who get caught, probably to protect the big corporate businesses and contracts of the superstars.

i bet it is, it would be brilliant to watch someone you know or even in the family!

ive got the lovely job of cleaning out all my animals beds now

mike