Newbie ectomorph needs help

Slapshot

Hi everyone!

I am tired of being skinny and today is the day to start the change. I know it's going to be hard and not instant but with perseverance I will end this bad shape, I am 172cm tall and weight around 48kg.

I read on the internet and tried to create a training program to start, but I need some opinions on it because probably, most likely, it's a wrong program, I would appreciate it if you take the time to give me some opinions and how could I improve it.

http://i50.tinypic.com/xcnedf.jpg

Thank you in advance!

I personally would ditch the concentration curls and do chin ups or pull ups, if you aren't able to do them then try assisted or reverse, also I would switch deadlifts onto friday and dips onto monday so that you're workin body parts a day each (if that makes sense) really focus on the big compound stuff like squats, deadlifts, bench press, pull ups and shoulder press' and pay less attention to isolation movements!

What may be most important here is diet so eateateat! Good luck, make a log so you can track your progress

There's a full body strength program on the main page of the VBB.

Day 1: Squat, Bench Press, Barbell Row, Dumbbell Shrugs

Day 3: Clean, Incline Dumbbell Bench Press, Dumbbell Row, Romanian Deadlift

Day 5: Weighted Pull Ups, Decline Dumbbell Pullovers, Push Press, Deadlift

In Between: Arms, Calves, and Abs

Two days OFF per week

This is what I started off with and it gave me some big strength gains.

Eat a lot, unlimited fruit and vegetables. Tons of protein and carbs to get bigger.

I'm slightly taller and heavier than you mate, started the 5x5 program 3 weeks ago, seeing big gains already. simple program with only 6 excersises to learn split over 2 days, just google 5x5 or have a sniff around this forum, sure someone will have mentioned it.

my biggest help however has been getting a buddy to train with me, helps with keeping your form good and spotting when your pushing yourself on the bench so you dont drop the bar on your face

Slapshot, maybe create a journal and share it will us on here in the training journal section. Keeping a log of your exercises that you actually do is good for accountability and also sharing it with us helps give others ideas and you can get more continued feedback for yourself as well.

Just a suggestion.

-Dylan

I personally would ditch the concentration curls and do chin ups or pull ups, if you aren't able to do them then try assisted or reverse, also I would switch deadlifts onto friday and dips onto monday so that you're workin body parts a day each (if that makes sense) really focus on the big compound stuff like squats, deadlifts, bench press, pull ups and shoulder press' and pay less attention to isolation movements!

What may be most important here is diet so eateateat! Good luck, make a log so you can track your progress

I am not sure why you ditched my quote from your sig but you are welcome to repost it where applicable.