Hello from israel

eliranvegh

Water! Hopefully some pros will chime in but I would read Brendan Braziers Thrive and Thrive diet. He is an ironman triathlete who helped create Vega. He is ridiculously intelligent and successful. For myself after running or cardio workouts I of course make sure I stay hydrated. I also like to immediately go for fruits like bananas and blue berries. Follow up with protein, shake forms are easiest to digest but wait 30-45 mins after working out.

It also depends what you are trying to accomplish? Are you running to lose weight? Running to get in shape? Training to get faster? Training for endurance? What your goal is weighs in heavily on what you should be eating and when.

-Dylan

This seems to be a good article from a registered dietician. It's about vegetarian, not necessarily vegan diet, so you'll have to adjust the information a little to your needs. You'll probably be most interested where it mentions 'endurance' athlete. The document is from 1997 so may be slightly out of date... but I don't think things have changed much really. Edited by stcalico

Welcome to the forum!

Check out this article I wrote a year or two ago: http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/?page=article_information_2

In general, after a run you want to consume whole foods containing electrolytes, protein, carbs, fats, including essential fats. Eat fruits, vegetables, greens, beans and other legumes and maybe some nuts or seeds if you need.

I usually just eat fruits and then something like beans and greens. Drink a lot of water too.

All the best! Welcome to the group.

Robert

• 1 month later...