Rossco's journal

Great lift !! Hard to see how your feet and hands are placed from the side angle, but it didn't look bad at all.

Once the weight starts getting up there and you're working with weight that feels heavy for you, I'd look at starting to incorporate some speed work. I can fill you in on that later ~ well done though!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries mate. Another thing you might find pretty cool (I just mentioned this in captfit's log) is to look at the deadlift in a slightly different way...

One thing I have found really useful is rather than thinking of the DL as a pull, imagine it as a pressing movement.

Next time you deadlift, imagine trying to push/drive your feet down into the floor. Once the bar is off the floor you'll be surprised at how much extra power this gives you.

Check this out mate and see what you think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35cGtqTRXkU

I filmed this video a few months back, there's an hours worth of deadlifting that's been cut down to a little over 11mins. I talk you through how I work through sets, how to structure your warmups sets in terms of reps and then we get into the bigger weights. I finished up on pulling 440lb (a little over 3 x bw) off a couple of 20kg plates

No worries mate. Another thing you might find pretty cool (I just mentioned this in captfit's log) is to look at the deadlift in a slightly different way...

One thing I have found really useful is rather than thinking of the DL as a pull, imagine it as a pressing movement.

Next time you deadlift, imagine trying to push/drive your feet down into the floor. Once the bar is off the floor you'll be surprised at how much extra power this gives you.

yeah i've read that somewhere before pretty sure its in 5/3/1 book isnt it?? anyways i do try to push down with my legs and drive my hips into it suppose I just need to work on it.

bloody well loved the vid mate! If i'm completely honest I would have given up after the failed attempt.. you're so strong man the final 200kg attempt had me on the edge of my seat! so much determination!

cheers captfit I've sorted that out now

Wednesday 21/11/12

bench 2 PRs!!!!

empty bar (20 Kg) x 10

40 Kg x 6

60 Kg x 5

70 Kg x 5

75 Kg x 1 PR

77.5 Kg x 1 PR although this rep was so difficult, sooo much harder than 75 Kg :s this is definately my limit I'm gonna go for a light bench workout next time and work up to doing multiple reps at 75 Kg, bit disheartened that I couldn't get a double on either of the last two sets but ho hum!

Press up competetion so if you didn't know, on bench day me and my buddy try and do as many press ups after benching, he went first and did a very sloppy 45... I went second and did a very very sloppy 43. bullshit!!

dips

x10

x10

wide grip x10

didn't squat tonight as the rack was occupied for ages

now off to meet the mrs for a very well deserved cheeseless pizza

Glad you liked the video man, yeah I can remember that last set and trying again to get the 200kg. I wasn't going to leave the gym until I got it !!

Nice work with the bench PR, nothing to be disheartened about there mate. That's great! It's funny how much difference 2.5kg makes ~ I'm experiencing exactly the same at the moment lol. As for the pressup competition afterwards, that sounds mental ?! 43 is far from bullshit!

Ha its more bullshit that I didn't win :P I did taekwondo for over a year or so which was constant knuckle press ups, one armed press ups etc my best used to be 47 but i was quite fatigued after benching so its fine I suppose.

Glad you like the avatar btw screenshotted from the vid

That vid of yours really is cool rekon you'll get footage from your powerlifting meet? Would love to see it dude

loving my training right now and everything at home, college and work is fantastic.

tomorrow I'm pulling some deads, chins and rows. all providing it isn't busy at the gym as I have to rush out quick, going for 110Kg again for multiple reps, I rekon I can get a couple at least, I'm also planning on beating my 8 rep max on chins but we'll see!

any advice is appreciated although I'm starting to know what I'm doing fairly well