Synny's training journal

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok diet not a concern this week. Can't go wrong with beans, squash, potatoes, onions, apples, tofu, noodles, bananas and oatmeal and well who knows what else I might find in my fridge/freezer!!

AM cardio: 15 min elliptical

Quads

Leg extensions: 75 lbs 15 reps, 90 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 105 lbs 10 reps

Leg press: 270 lbs 15 reps, 360 lbs 10 reps, 450 lbs 8 reps, 540 lbs 6 reps

Step ups: 4 sets 10 reps each leg

Thighsolator: 60 lbs 15 reps, 75 lbs 12 reps, 90 lbs 10 reps, 105 lbs 8 reps

Leg extension: 3 sets 60 lbs 20 reps

Chest

Pushups: 3 sets 20 reps

Smith machine bench press: 50 lbs 15 reps, 60 lbs 12 reps, 70 lbs 10 reps (smith machine weight not included)

DB incline press: 30 lbs 15 reps, 40 lbs 12 reps, 45 lbs 10 reps

DB fly: 2 sets 20 lbs 15 reps, 25 lbs 12 reps

Ball crunch: 3 sets 30 reps

Roll out: 3 sets 15 reps

Looks like I get to torture my workout buddy.... Trainers want him up to a lean 215 lbs which has my buddy freaking out. He doesn't want to gain any weight just wants to get ripped. So now I have the task of keeping him calm and pushing him into the heavier lifts since he is going to cut back with the trainers for budget reasons. I really think at this point I should go into personal training.... guess I better start pricing lol!!!! I love working with my buddy just kinda sucks cause I really like him and he isn't into me... Oh well just need to focus on getting him BIGGER by about March so that I can get him entered into Mayhem but really depends on when he wants to do his show. He is conflicted between competing and running. Teddy scared the hell out of me last night after he fell out of bed and started looking like he was having a small seizure/impersonating Stevie Wonder... All I wanted to do was pick my puppy (well almost senior dog) up and hold him. I swear anything happens to my bestest friend/fur child I am going to be beside myself.

So um yeah... talked with the trainer today about my buddy's eating issues and he said IF my buddy wanted he would compete with him!!! I know what I get to do come comp season.... be backstage helping with tan touch ups and mingling with competitors!!!!! Yeah this totally excites me beyond belief

Just tried to go for a run with my boxer and I swear never again!!! She kept trying to trip me and I also made the mistake of not taking my inhaler... had a mild attack while running so had to turn around to come home to get it. Will try again tonight on the dreadmill....

Nov 20

Calves

Standing calf raise: 105 lbs 20 reps, 2 sets 135 lbs 20 reps

Seated calf raise: 3 sets 115 lbs 20 reps

Leg press calf raise: 3 sets 150 lbs 45 reps

Cardio: 15 min elliptical interval program

Biceps

Cardio: 27 min treadmill alpine program

DB alternating bicep curl: 25 lbs 15 reps, 27.5 lbs 12 reps, 30 lbs 10 reps

Preacher curl: 50 lbs 12 reps, 60 lbs 10 reps, 60 lbs 11 reps

Hammer curl: 25 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 27.5 lbs 10 reps

Cable curl: 60 lbs 12 reps, 2 sets 70 lbs 10 reps

Wood chops: 40 lbs 20 reps each side, 50 lbs 20 reps each side, 70 lbs 20 reps each side

Bosu weighted crunch: 30 reps, 25 lbs 30 reps, 35 lbs 30 reps

If I don't get work soon I am screwed end of story... I won't have money for food next week cause dogs will need food and I need to make a payment to student loan, the gym and one other bill I can't remember off the top of my head. Not looking for sympathy or anything just kinda need to vent it out cause I am tired of holding everything in and hiding from my problems. I blame myself for not being better prepared but I honestly didn't see what happened happening as soon as it did. I thought I still had a week to get things in place. Went to my first hockey game last night and loved it!!! Won tickets again to a game Friday. At least I have something to look forward to other than my workouts. Since I am not working I can at least go do long slow steady cardio sessions or practice running for my next 5k.

AM cardio: yoga 50 min, running/walking 20 min

Shoulders

DB shoulder press: 25 lbs 15 reps, 30 lbs 12 reps, 35 lbs 10 reps

Side delt raise: 2 sets 15 lbs 10 reps, 17.5 lbs 10 reps

Rear delt fly: 10 lbs 10 reps, 2 sets 15 lbs 10 reps

Arnold press: 20 lbs 12 reps, 22.5 lbs 10 reps, 25 lbs 10 reps

Leg raises: 3 sets 20 reps

Incline crunches: 3 sets 20 reps

Postworkout

Double protein shake

Breakfast

Usual overnight oats

Yeah local teams played last night Friday night a not so local team will be in town to play and going to that one too Trying to keep a positive outlook but with the holidays upon us it is tough. I can't go back to nursing home work especially since my body is repairing itself from the tortures I put it through for 7 yrs.

I have no idea what I did to my ankle but holy cow batman it flippin HURTS!!!! And on leg day of all days!!! I should of taken the day off but everything was tolerable. Cut out the lunges cause I knew that wouldn't work since walking hurts lol. Resting it up tonight and will reassess it tomorrow morning for cardio. Trainer has me doing calves, abs and some forearm/grip work. I can always cut calves if ankle still crap and can do step mill for cardio maybe dunno will see. Tonight I worked without my straps and my grip needs some improvement but that will improve. Attempted TKEs today and almost done with 1 leg and the band snaps, a piece hits my sis and somehow the band was still intact. I managed to pull it apart without ruining it!!! hahahaha

Cardio: 45 min walk on treadmill

Leg extension: 3 sets 50 lbs 20 reps

Step ups: 15 lbs 10 reps, 20 lbs 10 reps, 25 lbs 10 reps, 30 lbs 10 reps

Squats: 95 lbs 10 reps, 115 lbs 10 reps, 135 lbs 10 reps, 155 lbs 10 reps (didn't go past 90 degrees but wasn't small movement. knees felt super tight and ankle started aching)

RDL 95 lbs 10 reps, 3 sets 115 lbs 10 reps

Prone leg curl: 4 sets 25 lbs 10 reps

Workout buddy showed up with a peanut butter protein smoothie for me.... 32 oz..... It was YUMMY!!!!! Double the protein and thick just the way I love it! Tomorrow will be sucky since it is Thanksgiving day feast and all I get is black beans and rice, sweet potatoes and broccoli..... Everyone else gets to get the yummy junk food like rolls, pie, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole..... could care less about the ham and turkey as the smell will make me sick so will time my workout around that lol!!!

Today is Thanksgiving and it will be my first one gluten free.....That means no yummy Field Roast or Tofurkey, no yummy rolls, no stuffing, and no pies...... Instead I will be eating black beans and rice, mashed cinnamon sweet potatoes, roasted broccoli, and pumpkin custard. I might run to the store and buy a bag of salad for some more greens. I was really looking forward to stuffing but didn't prepare myself properly.... Oh well there is always next year! I did find a recipe just don't have everything and well the kitchen will be a busy place soon.

Not liking gluten free living... I love all the foods that contain gluten a lot and the adjustment is taking longer than expected. Just trying to fuel my body with what it is craving right now as long as it is gluten free. Oh and will spread some mock tuna on celery for some healthy fats in my meal. My workouts are the only thing keeping me going right now because I know that my goal is getting closer with every lift.

Foot feeling a little better today and noticed a bruise so will go light on calves and focus more on slow focused reps. Cardio will be step mill or elliptical whichever one looks more inviting to punishment lol!!! Have my issue of Off the Couch from Oxygen magazine to help push me through cardio today. Cell phone charged up for Spotify radio wish I could afford to pay for it so I can listen to what I want to instead of just the radio.

Gym felt awesome this morning!!! Really glad I didn't punk out like my buddy hahaha. Cardio felt the best and probably should have gone longer but oh well. Was feeling a bit shaky even after my protein shake so probably wise I didn't push for longer cardio.

Cardio: 20 min step mill 18:40 min manual lvls 5-7 interval style 1:20 lvl 2 kickbacks (gotta work the glutes )

Calves, abs, forearms

Seated calf raise: 3 sets 45 lbs 20 slow reps

Standing calf raise: 3 sets 60 lbs 20 slow reps

Barbell wrist curl: 20 lbs 15 reps, 2 sets 30 lbs 15 reps

DB reverse wrist curl: 3 sets 5 lbs 15 reps

Bosu crossover: 3 sets 6 lbs 20 reps each side

Hanging leg raises: 3 sets 20 reps (last set I did them on the dip bars which felt way harder because I probably had to balance myself)