Hello from Florida!

japalmer

Hi everyone! What an awesome site, so happy to have found it! I'm Jodi and recently moved to panhandle of Florida. My husband and I have been eating vegan in our home for several months now and we are enjoying it.

I was wondering if anyone out there might have some advice or be able to point me in the right direction?

Due to health complications and a misdiagnosis (drama for another post!) I was put on medications last year that caused me to gain weight. Unfortunately, simply stopping the medication did not cause weight loss. Fortunately this prompted us to adopt much healthier eating habits.

Now that we are settled into our home I am highly motivated to lose the weight and want to enter a bikini level competition. Prior to my illness I was lifting weights regularly (and had been since I was a teenager). I am wondering where I get started. I probably need to lose around 30 pounds of fat should I be training differently than if I were just preparing for a competition? Also, I was thinking a year out should be ample time to prepare is this being too optimistic?

Any help or direction is very greatly appreciated!!

Jodi

Hey Jodi, welcome to our community here. I think you will fit right it with like-minded people. If you have specific weight loss goals I may be able to help, PM me, I run a personalized meal planning program.

Also definitely check through the journals section of this forum. Lots of people post their training logs there as well as log what they are eating.

-Dylan