My BEFORE pics...here to motivate the crap out of me!

So this is my thread that I intend to keep adding progress photos to.

A little about me...

Height: 163cm (5'3?)

Current weight 60kg

I've been vegan since the beginning of this year and have thoroughly enjoyed the feeling of knowing I am helping to make a small change in this world.

My goal is to be as fit and healthy as I can be for my own sake, but also to stick it to the veg haters that have the misconception that vegans aren't and cannot be healthy.

So these are my nasty before pics...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37802197/IMG_3967.JPG

sorry for my red dot. Just not keen on having obvious pictures of me on the net with my shirt off...especially looking like this

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37802197/IMG_3962.JPG

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37802197/IMG_3964.JPG

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37802197/IMG_3965.JPG

I want to lose a bit of weight, about 3-5 kg and gain a fair bit of muscle definition. I also want to increase my running endurance/speed. I have entered a 10km fun run that takes place in about 5 weeks and I would like to be able to jog the whole thing.

Thanks! I've been pretty active since I took these pics. And am really sticking to a healthy diet-which is making me feel great! I'm going to update my pics once a month and HOPEFULLY there will be at least a BIT of a difference. My BF is currently writing me up a strength training weekly planner to follow. So this week I will get into that

My last run: 6km in a total of 50 mins. (Warm up walk 5 mins, followed by 9 mins running and 1 min walking repeated for a total of 4 times, then cool down walk for 5 mins)

I've been using the Nike Training Club app and my abs are really getting stronger! Can't wait til they reveal themselves a little more!

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would make a small update with my progress.

My bodyfat percentage has dropped from 28.5% to 25.9% over the last few weeks. Haven't really lost much weight. Looking forward to uploading some more progress pics...once it looks like i've made progress that is

As i have only just started going to the gym (which will only be once a week), I thought I would record my leg press weight.

I did quite a few reps/sets at different weights and ended up with doin 5 reps of 135 kg. This is something that I was impressed at as I haven't been to a gym or done leg press in quite a few years. I look forward to increasing this. Hopefully to 200kg by the end of the year?

Edit: Managed to do 5 reps at 150kg on the leg press last sat. I also did 5 reps at 40kg of the lat pull down.

Edit (17/9/11): Upped my leg press to 160kg. I did quite a few sets at lower weights, gradually increasing the weight until I reached the 160kg. I did 1 set of 5 at this weight and then my bf convinced me that I could do 10. I did manage to push out 10, but there wasn't a wide range of movement. I think I might try to focus on getting a decent range of movement for a few weeks before I try to up the weight again.

Edited by emma1488

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to update my photo progress. This is about a month later from my first pics. I can see a very small difference and am very determined to see a much bigger difference over the coming months.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37802197/IMG_4385.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37802197/IMG_4387.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37802197/IMG_4395.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37802197/IMG_4394.jpg

Weight is more or less the same but I have dropped a little bit of body fat. I've cut down on my cardio due to time restraints and not feeling very super. My 10km fun run was today, but I didn't end up going as I've been sick in bed the last 2 days and felt I owed it to my body to have a rest.

Diet wise, I've decided to start having green smoothies daily in a bid to increase my fruit intake (not a fan of fruit ). So hopefully you'll see a difference in about a months time

Until then

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any tips for evening out my biceps? My right arm is quite decent and is getting that sort of round 'popped' look. While my left arm is just crap and doesn't compare to my right arm. It's like I'm a crab...

I haven't ever had an injuries to cause this, my only guess is that I am right handed so it's a bit more dominant.

Would you suggest just doing more reps on my left arm?

Does anyone have any tips for evening out my biceps? My right arm is quite decent and is getting that sort of round 'popped' look. While my left arm is just crap and doesn't compare to my right arm. It's like I'm a crab...

I haven't ever had an injuries to cause this, my only guess is that I am right handed so it's a bit more dominant.

I'm very strongly right sided too. I'm thinking of doing more reps for everything on the left side or an extra set of each exercise for the left side. Is it just your arm? My right leg is thicker than the left too. My right peck and lat look a little bigger than the left. Basically everything on the right is a bit bigger than on the left.

When I played basically, this difference really affected my game too. I could dribble right-handed and drive to the right WAY better than to the left.

I'm very strongly right sided too. I'm thinking of doing more reps for everything on the left side or an extra set of each exercise for the left side. Is it just your arm? My right leg is thicker than the left too. My right peck and lat look a little bigger than the left. Basically everything on the right is a bit bigger than on the left.

When I played basically, this difference really affected my game too. I could dribble right-handed and drive to the right WAY better than to the left.

Nah, it just seems to be my left bicep that is a little piss ant. I think I will start doing an extra set on it to try and even it up. It's a lot weaker as well. I often can't lift as much with my left as I can with my right, so maybe doing extra reps at a lighter weight my help it out...?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been MIA for a while. Had a hectic couple of months that have sent me off my journey to achieving my goals, my nanna passed away, I graduated uni, got a job, got engaged, bought a house (with partner), renovated said house and am moving back into said house.

I have lost my way with exercise and my eating has turned to shit (potato chips and too much booze).

I'm desperate to get back into this and really get to my goals. Any motivational tips/ass kicking comments would be much appreciated :S

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Been busy working my butt off and eating super clean. Abs are looking good, but still am not happy with my legs. I want them leaner and more muscular.. They seem just large at the moment. Any tips for improving them?

I currently do:

Dead lifts

Hamstring curls

Quad lifts(? I don't know what they're called, the opposite to hamstring curls)

Hack squats

Lunges

Calf raises

Do about 3 set of 8-10 reps on all the above, with a challenging weight

image.thumb.jpg.2d44d8930981c37998fa2121679e3d98.jpg

Your face is super red in those pics! Embarrassed? You shouldn't be you are already quite fit and I'm sure if you keep it up the way it sounds like you have been you have no problem meeting even your own standards of what you would like your body to look like.

-Dylan

Your face is super red in those pics! Embarrassed? You shouldn't be you are already quite fit and I'm sure if you keep it up the way it sounds like you have been you have no problem meeting even your own standards of what you would like your body to look like.

-Dylan

Yeah, didn't feel too comfortable about putting pics of me with my shirt off on the interwebs...

Diet ok:

Brekky:

Large glass of water with glutamine on rising

Cup of black tea with soy milk

Usually tofu, veggie sausages or tempeh with veggies (mushrooms, tomato, kale or spinach)

Green tea

Morning tea:

Salad with some form of veggie protein (burger, patty, tofu, beans or something) or a salad wrap

Green tea

Lunch:

Raw nuts

Hummus and crackers

Apple

Afternoon tea:

Black Tea

Rice crackers with avocado

Dinner:

Currently living at home so whatever is going, usually lots of veggies and some form of protein

I'm starting to lose my appetite, which is good and bad. I used to be able to out eat all my family members, but since I've lost weight and am more careful about my food choices my stomach had shrunk a lot and it's often hard to eat enough. I try to snack every 2 hours even if its a small handful of almonds.