Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Curious
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:43 am 
Manatee

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Surgery ~ no.

Boyfriend ~ yes.

Good choices haha !!

lol I'm so confused as to whether that's sarcasm...
If surgery is what's needed to get me back to the gym, I'm all for it. I never thought I'd miss cardio so much, but you'd better believe that by this time next year I'm going to be healed, one way or another lol and appreciating every minute I'm on any type of cardio machine.
According to the schedule at work for today and tomorrow, I'm going to have excess time for lunch, so I figure I'll hit the gym both days. Yay :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:51 pm 
Manatee

Got to the gym on thursday, but between being extremely sore from that and running on very little sleep, I didn't go on friday.
Thursday was pretty productive, though. I did bench press again...a pathetic 2 sets of 10 with just the bar, but I'm pretty happy that I can comfortably do it at all. Yesterday after work my parents brought my old girl to me to stay permanently, so I've been hanging around the apartment with her this weekend (to clarify, she's my dog..lol). :)

A friend of mine, who used to be extremely fit, has asked me to help her get involved in the gym...Unfortunately, she lives a few cities away so I can't actually show her things, but I can hassle her via text to make sure she gets to the gym when she says she will, and I'm also setting up a routine for her. Made me feel pretty good to be asked :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:52 pm 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

That's cool that she asked you to help - she must really look up to you! Enjoy your weekend with your dog, I still miss mine.

Image @MiniForklift
WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:05 pm 
Manatee

Well, my PT and doctor are kind of at a loss right now...I'm still getting worse, and they don't know why. To hopefully rule some things out, I'm being sent for xrays and a bone scan, which is to rule out the possibility of a tumour. It sounds scary, but they said they doubt that's my problem...it's very rare at my age to have a bone tumour, and even more rare to have a malignant tumour.
On the bright side, my shoulder is still slowly improving lol I'm gradually increasing quantity of exercises I do in a single gym visit, but not the weight that I'm using. I'm really tempted to try assisted pull ups, but still a little scared.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:29 pm 

All the best with what the docs come back with, keep positive girl.

Image @MiniForklift

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:04 pm 
Manatee

Tests are done (for now) and I've decided that every department in hospitals should be like the nuclear medicine dept. They were extremely prompt (even early!) and everyone was so, so nice and cheerful. It was a really nice change to the normal hospital staff lol not that they don't have reason to be a little grouchy most of the time. I would be if I dealt with people as much as they do.
I have to wait until Dec. 3rd for my results...it's only just over a week away, but I don't want to wait..lol Even though I don't really think that these tests are going to show anything.
If it wasn't for my hips, I would have been competing this weekend. I keep trucking along because I'm determined to make it to a competition one day. I'd prefer to compete in figure, but if I have to do bikini because my body can't handle the heavy training, then so be it. I will get there eventually!
On the bright side, my work christmas party is tomorrow! :) My new guy is joining me. My bosses' are sending a limo to pick everyone up, then we go to dinner where they pay for everything, including all the drinks we want, THEN we go back to a party room at a hotel (via the limo) for more drinks, desserts, and secret santa! It's gunna be a good night!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:38 am 
Elephant

hope everythings turns out ok for you! sounds like a good night out, never been in a limo! maybe one day when im rich and famous! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:46 am 

Who's 'the new guy'? Careful when you go back to that party room after a night of fun and free drinks, you don't want to find yourself back at the hospital again in 9 months time lol.

Have a great night anyway, the limo sounds fantastic. Get some photos !!

Image @MiniForklift

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:49 pm 
Manatee

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Who's 'the new guy'? Careful when you go back to that party room after a night of fun and free drinks, you don't want to find yourself back at the hospital again in 9 months time lol.

Have a great night anyway, the limo sounds fantastic. Get some photos !!

Lmao! I actually burst out laughing at that. The party room will be filled with my coworkers and my bosses, though lol Oh,and the 'new' guy is the same one I mentioned a few weeks ago, I just don't know what to refer to him as since we're not really in a relationship.
I'll definitely have some pictures! There's no way I'd get dolled up like I am if there wasn't going to be a way to show it off haha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:50 pm 
Manatee

mrbear666 wrote:
hope everythings turns out ok for you! sounds like a good night out, never been in a limo! maybe one day when im rich and famous! :lol:

Rich and famous bodybuilder? :)
I love the Ronnie Coleman quote, btw lol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:53 pm 
Elephant

ill settle for rich and famous anything to be honest :lol:

have a good night! :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:47 pm 
Manatee

So I just got a phone call from the imaging centre at the hospital saying that there's been a request to get me in soon for an MRI. They've booked me in for tomorrow night but I'm sitting here freaking out a little bit because I have no idea why it's been requested, or why it needs to be done quickly. I'm trying to convince myself that I'm just thinking the worst, and that the only reason is that the other tests didn't show anything and my doctor knows that I'm in a fair amount of pain. I'm just repeating that to myself and it seems to have a calming effect lol
To add to that stress, I'm doing a dental on my own dog tomorrow at work. I think I'm going to need a drink before tomorrow is even half done lol If only I could.
On the bright side (I always find something..lol) my guy is incredible and way too good to me and has offered to go with me to the hospital :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:35 pm 
Elephant

hey, how did your mri go? :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:14 pm 
Manatee

mrbear666 wrote:
hey, how did your mri go? :)

The test itself was quick and easy...little painful since they put something on top of my hips that was heavy. I found out today that it wasn't the doctor I've been seeing who requested the test, it was the radiologist at the hospital who (I assume) was the one assessing my bone scan...so now I'm really confused and worried as to why it was warranted.

I managed to do a half-decent upper body workout today, and I was so optimistic nearing the end because my shoulder was doing so well...but then I tried pushups and my hip couldn't handle it. *sigh* At least the rest of the workout was good. I might actually start splitting stuff up again lol now that I'm able to do that many exercises in one visit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:53 am 
Manatee

I woke up this morning feeling sore! YAY! :D
(We just won't talk about the weight that I was lifting...haha)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next