Can't find a diet plan...

I posted on this forum in Jan 2009 saying I wanted to build muscle, but I had no self-discipline and never got into it. Now I'm getting back into it with an actual strategy, but I've been eating meat for almost every meal lately.

I need to know exactly what to eat every day of the week, and more importantly how much at a sitting. I'm interested in the raw diet, but I get the feeling I can't eat enough food in a day. Help?

hi , i used to be a huge animal product consumer, every meal was fish meat diary eggs or combinations of one or more. i stopped all animal products one morning while making my breakfast i was looking at meat cooking in the pan and thought what the hell am i doing. and just threw it away and havent eaten it since. i found it quite easy really because i just ate more of the non animal foods. i loaded up on fruit, potatoes, rice, whole grain breads, muesli with rice milk, all vegetables, (and still do to this day) . i tend to stay away from things like nuts, avacados and oils not because i think there bad, i just find my cardio is better without them. also i get to eat more of the low fat foods as iam not consuming calories from fats etc. i always made sure i had fruit near by to curb any cravings, i find if i eat enough fruit, i dont crave any junk at all. i would love to do the raw diet but i find it too expensive. thats whats worked for me hope it will be of some help to you

mike

I decided to do the raw vegan/fruitarian diet. I plan to eat mainly whole fruit monotone meals, meaning a bunch of the same fruit, with nuts, seeds, or some other fruit as a palate cleanser or acid absorber when needed, and I am going to employ subtle speed eating techniques to put down lots of food quickly before I start to feel full. I will prep certain meals in advance so I won't fall behind because of procrastination. Trying to think of how to work in powder or liquid supplements as needed... maybe a smoothie or some kind of nut and dressing concoctions, I can just and stir in the supplements later into any moist stuff. I live somewhat near a farmers market, so I will just find someone to give me good bulk deals and I will probably not spend as much as my usual groceries, especially since a lot of the time it would be at restaurants because of my laziness. When I go to restauraunts with my family, I plan to ask for a giant whole tomato salad with onions and radish on the side and they may be able to acomodate.

Sounds like you have a good plan. That's half the battle, particularly if you are one to struggle with motivation, having a plan to follow does wonders. Maybe keep a training journal on this site in that section with not only your workouts but also with what you are eating. Great way to hold yourself accountable, see your progress, and also get feedback and share with others.

-Dylan

I am gonna post pics and progress on the first of every month, will start that the next day or two. I was thinking about making a meal log but didn't know if I would have time. I have been following the fruitarian diet mostly, with a little bit of miscellaneous junk inbetween. I'm hoping to transition the rest of the way within the next month.

I also got a refrigerator/water dispenser which I stocked with fruit, right next to my TV and gaming chair, and it even can make scalding hot water if I want. The water wasn't too expensive either, bought it from Lowes and it was $12 for the 3 gallon bottle, that's if you keep the bottle. The dispenser is third hand, got it for $40.

I couldn't decide what gym to join, as none are very close by, and I didn't feel like going to buy dumbbells from Kmart at the time, so I made weights out of milk jugs filled with rocks and dirt, and am using an elastic belt to lift with less strain. I suppose I will be putting some time aside in the next couple of days building a ghetto gym.

I guess that means I am running out of excuses.