heavy metal

mrbear666

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing better than heavy metal when lifting! For light weights or cardio, any music will do really, but when you're pulling a heavy deadlift or struggling through those very last few squats, metal trumps all.

I actually listen to the opposite sometimes when I'm working up to my big lifts, sometimes metal is just too distracting. I have some really mellow stuff that I like, Gandalf's Sanctuary or some shit like that. Weird at first but I find being able to calm the mind before a big lifts helps me to keep my heart rate a little lower and focus better.

There's nothing better than heavy metal when lifting! For light weights or cardio, any music will do really, but when you're pulling a heavy deadlift or struggling through those very last few squats, metal trumps all.

I actually listen to the opposite sometimes when I'm working up to my big lifts, sometimes metal is just too distracting. I have some really mellow stuff that I like, Gandalf's Sanctuary or some shit like that. Weird at first but I find being able to calm the mind before a big lifts helps me to keep my heart rate a little lower and focus better.

That makes a lot of sense. I could see that being really helpful, actually. Trying to switch to something mellow before a big lift would just be so weird lol but I might have to try it when I get back into heavy weights.

no no no metal!!!!!!!!! \m/

@cown what kinda metal do you like?

For the longest time my favourite band was disturbed. Now I listen to pantera, disturbed, godsmack, metallica, supultura, machinehead, slipknot, korn, deftones...papa roach is sometimes considered metal...I think that's about it.

no no no metal!!!!!!!!! \m/

@cown what kinda metal do you like?

For the longest time my favourite band was disturbed. Now I listen to pantera, disturbed, godsmack, metallica, supultura, machinehead, slipknot, korn, deftones...papa roach is sometimes considered metal...I think that's about it.

good choices! old korn is good, you heard there new stuff? its a bit crazy to say the least