Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Curious
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:28 pm 
Elephant

haha muscle soreness is the best soreness ever isnt it , second is tattoo soreness! cant think of any other good sorenesses :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:47 pm 
Manatee

mrbear666 wrote:
haha muscle soreness is the best soreness ever isnt it , second is tattoo soreness! cant think of any other good sorenesses :lol:

Haha I love the feeling after a tattoo..except my last one. It was on my foot and caused me to limp for like 12 hours. As I was limping around I was already thinking about getting another, though. lol
I was going to say I can think of one more type of soreness...but I suppose it's classed as muscle soreness, just not caused by an activity that's done in the gym...lol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:46 am 
Elephant

oh yeah forgot about that soreness :oops: :lol: ouch bet that hurt like hell on ur foot :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:09 am 
Manatee

I go in to the doctor's tomorrow for a recheck...aka my test results. I found out on friday that I'll be getting results from all 3 tests... bone scan, x-ray, and MRI. I didn't think I was stressed out, but I've been in a weird place since yesterday morning, so I'm thinking the stress/anxiety is slowly building.
The situation around the MRI (it being requested to happen so quickly by the radiologist) makes me believe that I'm going to get some time of answer, since a coworker of mine had an MRI this year but she had to wait 3 or 4 months...I just don't know whether it's going to be a good or bad answer.
Fingers crossed.
:itsok:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:20 pm 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

Good luck with the docs tomorrow, I'll be sure to check back to see how you got on.

WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl
Image http://www.youtube.com/user/kiwilifter?feature=mhee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:37 am 
Manatee

Well, it's most likely not a tumour.
I have a tear in the labrum, which is cartilage in the joint, and it's likely a surgical fix so I've been given a referral to a surgeon. Sadly, it will probably take about 2 months to get in to see him.
The doctor and I agreed that we'd rather not go down the route of narcotics as far as pain control, so he put an urgent notice on my referral.
It didn't occur to me to ask what could be the cause of the tear, but since he asked if there was an initial injury that started the pain, I don't think he knows what the cause is. Doing minor research just now, one of the possible causes is F.A.I, which is the condition I've been thinking is likely for a little while now.
This site has some decent information, if anyone has the urge to do some reading..
http://orthopedics.about.com/od/hipinju ... labrum.htm

Now I play the waiting game.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:24 pm 

Phew, more rehab. No tumour ~ fab.

So it will need surgery you think?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:34 pm 
Manatee

So much for a couple months wait time...I have my first appt with the surgeon tomorrow. I'm kinda freaking out again, but in a good way this time...An hour ago I thought I'd be feeling like this for at least 3 more months, but now I could be better by the time 3 months pass by. YAY! :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:45 pm 
Elephant

fingers crossed here in wales for you! :D theres nothing worse than injury or illness, so i feel for you

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:31 pm 
Manatee

The surgeons (yes, plural...one couldn't figure it out, so I got 2) don't think the tear is my problem :(
The tear is very posterior, whereas my pain is anterior, so they're not willing to go into surgery for just that. The head surgeon literally told me that I'm 'mystifying'....I'm really getting tired of hearing that. I'm back to waiting for an arthrogram now, and they said they'd put a rush on it, but that could mean a 2 month wait instead of 4 months. That being said, I've had pretty good luck with getting quick appointments, so maybe that will continue.
I really just don't want to be in pain anymore...This is more frustrating than ever now that I've practically been taunted with the idea of being healed in the near future.
I'd really love to work out my frustrations with a long cardio session or some heavy weights, but I really don't see either of those options being any good for me...I need a new outlet.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:29 pm 
Manatee

Decent workout on wednesday..
Lateral raises w/ 5lb 20 x 3
Combo front/lateral raises w/ 5 lbs 10(per side) x 3
Head level cable raises 20lb/side 15 x 3
Preacher curls w/ 20lb 15 x 3
Cable rows w/ 40lb 15 x 3
Tricep kickbacks w/ 7.5lb (I think...) 12 x 3
Tricep cable pull downs w/ 30lb 15 x 3

Having to stick with the minimal weight is VERY humbling. I hate it, but considering that the other option is nothing at all, I'll deal lol
Still no word on my arthrogram, but I really need to call and ask that they do both hips, since my 'good' hip is catching up to the bad one.

Today was a very sad day...I had to buy a new alarm clock. Mine has really served it's time...I've had it since I was about 8 years old, but seeing as it's failed to go off 2 days in a row (making me late for work 2 days in a row..), I think it's time it be put to rest lol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:53 pm 
Manatee

Did a quick workout before going into work yesterday morning. I didn't get to do quite as much as wednesday, but I got a decent amount done. Better than nothing, anyway, and shoulder feels good today. It seems that I have to work out the tension in the tissues with a bar. My old trainer friend showed me this good trick - Lying on my back on the ground, I place a 45lb bar at an angle to my body and let one end lie right on the most sore spot of my shoulder. My elbow lies level with my shoulder, then I try and rotate my arm. It sure hurts like hell, but man does it work. I guess I'll just make a habit of doing that at the end of every workout and I should be ok *fingers crossed*

I've started taking ground flax at the insistance of my boss (to help my hip), but I really don't like it...I think I'll switch to a liquid omega from Vega when I'm done this. I'm on the lookout for a vegan glucosamine, though..Anyone know of one?

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:14 am 

Cown wrote:
I've started taking ground flax at the insistance of my boss (to help my hip), but I really don't like it...I think I'll switch to a liquid omega from Vega when I'm done this. I'm on the lookout for a vegan glucosamine, though..Anyone know of one?

I use that one from time to time, 2 a day gives you a pretty good dose. I'm not mad on ground linseed, but if you can get it LSA is a lot tastier as well as being higher in protein from the ground nuts (linseed/sunflower seeds/almonds) :)

Good weekend with me, how about you?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:17 am 
Manatee

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:

Good weekend with me, how about you?

Not bad...went out drinking with my guy on saturday and we found a guy dressed as a jester who was making balloon shapes lol I got a ray gun :)
Little stressed out right now, though...I've just realized I HAVE to get Xmas shopping done this week since I work every day next week...With 10hr days and a puppy to come home to, no time to shop...When did Xmas get so close? :?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:37 pm 
Elephant

what puppy do you have? :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24  Next