Competing in 2013

asgard

Hi, my name is Mana. I am 23. I am a bikini competitor that will be doing my first competition, hopefully this April in Baltimore. I also plan to compete in the WBFF this summer in Vancouver, B.C. in the Bikini or Fitness model division - I am undecided as of yet. I have been visiting veganbodybuilding.com since I was 16 years old after a message Robert Cheeke sent me on myspace about this website, haha! And here I am, finally. I would love to meet and form friendships with people that have similar goals. I believe that is the best support system!

I have been vegan my entire life, minus about two years, with no shortage of harassment from family or friends, of course! Hee hee. I have always been thin my entire life, except for those two years, where I really struggled and my diet was all over the place. My skin suffered, my energy suffered, and my weight suffered. I had cystic hives from allergies constantly, so I was also in pain quite frequently.

I have considered straying away from the lifestyle many times, fearing that what my coaches said about competing as a vegan were true - I worried it was not doable at all. Thankfully, there are now many coaches available that are vegans themselves that I have found through this website. So, I hope to place well in hopes that I can draw more positive attention toward the vegan lifestyle in the competing arena. Even vegans are skeptical that it is doable, so I'd like to continue to show people that it is and that no one has to suffer for it.

I am very inspired by Channa Serenity, Claudia Lailhacar, and Erin Moubray. I have reached out to all of them and it has been very rewarding.

Hi Mana,

Welcome to the community officially, I know you've been browsing for many years. You met Robert through myspace, that is hilarious.

Good luck on your upcoming competitions. Please continue to share with us.

-Dylan