Squat, bench, DL & occasional running

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are you feeling about the meet bro , All set ?

I really am, feeling ready and can't wait to get there and see what I'm capable of.

Joints have been aching a little today as I rest up away from the gym, but that should be gone by tomorrow. I'm definately confident that I have a good chance of winning, but you never know who's going to turn up and lift some crazy poundages though.

My goals for the meet are...

** Equal or beat my 913lb total at a lighter bodyweight (looks like I'll be at least 3lb lighter than at last years Raw Champs)

** Win my class

** Finish top 5

Thanks guys, appreciate the support.

I've got some anger and motivation for this meet, just found out today that one of my good friends has been diagnosed with cancer and given a year to live. He starts chemo today, he's 4yrs older than me and was my cabinmate and gym partner when I worked on the QE2.

32372_10152223909220608_589808034_n.jpg

Will be dedicating the meet to both him and my mother, who's slowly recovering after a brain aneurysm and stroke she suffered a couple of months ago.

Have a great meet MF!

You're already a champ on VBB.com!

+1

Really sorry to hear about your friend mate some of the worst things happen to the best people glad to hear your mother is recovering well my friend.

So excited about your meet, nail that 192.5 deadlift and 125 squat man you got this, we're all routing for you!!

Tell your friend that he's got support all the way from Canada! Make sure he stays positive, it's so important in the fight.

Watching a loved one go through a cancer battle is practically as difficult as actually going through it yourself, I hope you're doing ok.

Good luck on saturday, you're gunna kill it! You've got the motivation of 3 people, and the support of everybody here! (If you've never looked through the smilies, you should...they're hilarious lol)

So yeah, I had a pretty good day. Apart from missing my 231 bench, I nailed all other 8 of my attempts

252208_10151184494778720_885962738_n.jpg

Won my class and finished 4th overall by Wilks formula (weighed in at 139lb). Goal was to be top 5 so I did that.

Deadlift was a 3xbw pull so that was another of my goals, possibly could have got 192.5kg and yes I probably could have got a 125kg squat. All in all a great day and I'm not too bummed about missing my last bench attempt. Video to come, food and beer first though !!

Thanks for all of your comments and support guys, really do appreciate them. I was hoping I could do well and do everyone proud. I knew my bench was probably slightly off its' best right now, that's why I wasn't too fussed on the missed lift. It went up, I just couldn't lock it out. Apart from England beating the All Blacks it was a great day yesterday haha.

I'm going to have a few easy weeks and then I'll start thinking about getting ready for the Canterbury Champs around mid January. That meet is in April, I want a 330 squat and 440 DL for that one. Goals have already been set !!

Apart from England beating the All Blacks it was a great day yesterday haha.

I'm going to have a few easy weeks and then I'll start thinking about getting ready for the Canterbury Champs around mid January. That meet is in April, I want a 330 squat and 440 DL for that one. Goals have already been set !!

If I was in to rugby I would totally rub it in

you've done us all proud man you were already a champ in my eyes anyway bud!

Is that in lbs? so you'll be going for a 200Kg deadlift and a 150Kg squat? you can do it man I couldn't imagine deadlifting that much ahha