im a newbie!!!

dandylioness

hey not only am i new to this site, i am a new vegan as well. im 19 years old (almost 20) and i've been vegan since late june. Im really just hoping to meet some vegans and share ideas and health tips because i dont know any vegans really at all. it always helps to have a support group of people who understand the things you stand for. a lot of people around here are so uninformed about the things they eat it makes me so upsett! today some girl told me butter was made out of eggs and that there was probably lard in the bread i was eating. (it was vegan). I was like "wake up, honey..." if only people would do some research.

anyways, i'd love to meet people! Im always up for some new tips. I just got all new vegan shampoo and soap and face wash and makeup... people always ask me about calcuim and omega-3 fatty acid. any tips??

Hey dandy!!

I am so excited to see young people that have an evolved sense of consciousness and awareness about animal and environmental issues!! COngrats on one of the best decisions of your life. I am sure you will become a seasoned vegan in no time!

Everybody here is awesome and please feel free to post messages, post opinions on others messages, etc.

AS far as calcium, lots of vegetables have it like broccolli, also you can get it in calcium fortified fruit juices and soy beverages or other milk alternatives. Browse the posts and I am sure you will find lots of useful info for yourself.

A good vegan source of omega three is flax seed oil (I use it in salad dressings) or flax seeds (Gulp it down with water or use it in baked goods). or non gelatin flax seed oil vitamins.

welcome!

Welcome to the board dandylioness and thanks for making the change. I am 19 as well, and I think we are the youngest on this board! You are right, people do need to wake up and do some research. If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Nat (Compassionate Girl) and Brian (CollegeB) have done a good job already

awww thanks! wow already everyone here seems so nice!

I looked up vitamins on veganessentials.com. I think Im going to buy a vegan multi and a vegan omega 3. I found out a couple weeks ago that though my multivitamin doesnt have gelatin, it had other animal-derived ingredients.

awww thanks! wow already everyone here seems so nice!

I looked up vitamins on veganessentials.com. I think Im going to buy a vegan multi and a vegan omega 3. I found out a couple weeks ago that though my multivitamin doesnt have gelatin, it had other animal-derived ingredients.

And my Centrum had gelatin lol. Gave it to me ma. Good to hear you buying some new products! And you are very welcome!

Welcome Dandylioness!

I pass through Warrenton a couple of times per month. Wouldn't mind stopping by to say hello some time.

You may want to check out the Richmond Vegetarian Festival this Saturday July 30 www.veggiefest.org I'll be there as well as a couple of other board members. Let me know if you decide to come and we could meet there.

If Saturday is too soon, you may want to check out the Charlottesville Vegetarian Festival in September http://www.cvillevegfest.org/ I may even get myself organized and put up a Vegan Fitness table at the C'ville event.

Hey Welcome to the group!

It is nice to see more and more new people all the time.

Cool, some of the board members live close to you! I'm hoping that we get more and more people on here who do live close by to another member so it will make networking and attending events even better.

Please feel free to explore the main site www.veganbodybuilding.com as well and stop by the forum to chat anytime. We have a great group of people here.

What a great way to start your vegan journey.

Hey again Dandy,

Is your avator picture a mouse in the dawn light? Awww that is so sweet. He looks so safe and happy and peaceful.

I wish all innocent beings could always feel that way.

Anyway, i really like you avatar.

P.S. And dont let Koll's young age of 19 fool you. He is so wise beyond his years and knows lots of stuff about animal ingredients, as well as fitness and nutrition.

peace

hey cg it is a lioness i found it on google by typing in "lioness" and searching images. and to michael the vegetarian festival would be fun! i bet it would feel GREAT to be surrounded by veg*ns, instead of always feeling like the odd one out....

WWWWHHAAAAATTT??? That is a picture of a lioness? That looks like a mouse.

anyway, she is cute whatever she is.

That just makes the avatar cooler in my opinion - that two drastically different animals could appear one in the same silhouetted. Aaand ... I'm gonna stop talking about avatars now, hopefully with my dignity still in tact.