Some protein thing to use?

mythil

Eh, tofu is going way up in price, I could get Tempeh but the shop I know can't always get it in. Apart from lots of lentils and quinoa is there anything else we can have?

Even if it's tofu styled burgers I don't care as long as it's something (and not majorly unhealthy)

beans r great, i mix black eyed beans or butter beans in with baked beans for bigger meal, rossco on here put me onto heinz 5 bean, their good too, 5 types of bean in baked bean sauce

Hows that working for you in regard to working out?

so far so good boss! there pretty low in fat which is good in my book. and go with almost anything. add sprinkle of curry powder for a change of flavour. 1 tin baked beans is around 20 grams of protein i think.

I'll try those beans then.

they are dam good beans!

have you tried sainsburys soya range they do sausages, sausage rolls etc most of their veggie stuff is vegan. also holland and barrett have mock duck which is sietan or tempeh I think, what's the deal with tofu going up in price?

I dunno but it is down south. I can get it from an Asian supermarket cheaper but when you factor in transport and so on it pretty much winds up being the same.

Sainsburys? We don't have one of them down these parts.. I could see if they deliver..

Okay they do but none of that soy stuff is on the market on their website.

Hello;

Beans are really good, if you like rice you should try to eat it mixed with beans, it is really delicious. Here in Brazil we eat it everyday, I can send you a recipe, if you want to try!

If you can get me to like a type of rice that isn't sushi rice then I will be in your debt

Make your own seitan (the one that the guys from The Vegan Zombie makes for their "No Killy Philly" is awesome). Also, hemp seed are loaded with protein, they're also loaded with fat though, so depending on how many calories you "can" eat, limiting yourself might be a good idea.

Hi,

Here, we usually cook long grain rice in a very different way compared to the sushi way, which rice seems to be a different kind, the grain is shorter, it wouldn´t be good with beans, haha. If you find long grain rice you can try this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/brazilian-white-rice/

Hello;

Beans are really good, if you like rice you should try to eat it mixed with beans, it is really delicious. Here in Brazil we eat it everyday, I can send you a recipe, if you want to try!

If you can get me to like a type of rice that isn't sushi rice then I will be in your debt

Hi,

Here, we usually cook long grain rice in a very different way compared to the sushi way, which rice seems to be a different kind, the grain is shorter, it wouldn´t be good with beans, haha. If you find long grain rice you can try this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/brazilian-white-rice/

Oh, looks like onion fried rice, lot of people in India (okay well the Indian friends I know) eat it, but most use wholegrain rice.

I dont know this Indian recipe but it seems to be almost the same; wholegrain rice is not that popular. I found this beans recipe too http://authenticbraziliancuisine.blogspot.com.br/2010/02/rice-and-beans-of-brazilian-food.html Of course we are not going to put bacon in it

So, beans have a lot of proteins; try them with rice.. it s delicious

Oh, looks like onion fried rice, lot of people in India (okay well the Indian friends I know) eat it, but most use wholegrain rice.

I dont know this Indian recipe but it seems to be almost the same; wholegrain rice is not that popular. I found this beans recipe too http://authenticbraziliancuisine.blogspot.com.br/2010/02/rice-and-beans-of-brazilian-food.html Of course we are not going to put bacon in it

I have a lot of Asian and Indian friends, I learned to cook from them.

I really like Asian food, in my city there are some really good vegetarian Asian restaurants. =D About Indian food, I just know curry =(

I have a lot of Asian and Indian friends, I learned to cook from them.