5x5x67kg

BENCH PRESS

Bar x 10 , 8x27kg , 8x37kg

5 x 5 x 47kg

BARBELL ROWS

5 x 5 x 47kg

Dips

Bodyweight 7, Assisted 1x10

As soon as i finished Squats i felt like i should pack up and go home lol , having 25kgs each side definitely felt good but exhausting.

I really need to up my calorie intake and try something for a better recovery now as every workout is a new challenge as i have crossed my previous max in almost all the lifts . Every time i will be lifting now i will be aiming to lift more than i ever did previously , will put up some pics today .

Hey man! That's some good visible progress in your back I'm glad the training is working well for you mate.

So you have new maxes now then :P you'll have to post in the strength table mate, it gets updated every week or so, so you can post when you reach a new man, keep it up man I'm stoked for you!

Ross

Oh and up the calories man! Do you have protein powder? I use it first thing in the morning to add to what I have for breakfast, a shake with my post workout meal and a small one just before bed. Its definitely for convinience, you get in those extra calories of protein and where its a liquid your body absorbs it quicker and easier

Oh and up the calories man! Do you have protein powder? I use it first thing in the morning to add to what I have for breakfast, a shake with my post workout meal and a small one just before bed. Its definitely for convinience, you get in those extra calories of protein and where its a liquid your body absorbs it quicker and easier

I was not taking any as of yet as they are way to expensive here in India , almost twice the price i see on Bodybuilding.com . But i have a cousin coming in from Dubai sometime this month so i will ask him to get a 5lbs jar of ON Gold Standard or something similar . That should keep me primed for the next month or so .

As of now i am taking in around 2200-2400 Calories . 100-110gms Protein , 200gms CArbs and 70-80gms FAt .

doing well mate, look much leaner and bigger, in a short amount of time too!

Thanks mate the back does seem coming off well with all the Deadlifts and Rows but i am yet to see similar improvement in Chest as that has always been a very weak area for me . Good thing i am finally able to do Body weight dips and i am trying to do them every time i bench just to get that extra stretch .

dips are one of the best exercises for chest, dumbell pullovers i used to like too, get a good stretch on them also! keep hammering the chest and it will come!

Make sure they're wide grip dips which will hit the chest really effectively

agreed! the narrower the grip the more your isolating your triceps, you get a really nice stretch with the wide grip

dips are one of the best exercises for chest, dumbell pullovers i used to like too, get a good stretch on them also! keep hammering the chest and it will come!

Make sure they're wide grip dips which will hit the chest really effectively

agreed! the narrower the grip the more your isolating your triceps, you get a really nice stretch with the wide grip

Also, check your torso angle on the dips. If your torso is vertical, more of the work will be done with shoulders and arms. If you have a good lean to it then you'll start to work the chest more.

06/12/12

WEEK7 WORKOUT #18 B

SQUATS

Bar x 10 ,8 x 27kg, 5x47kg

5x5x69.5kg

Overhead Press

Bar x 10

1x5x22 kgs

1x5x27kgs

5x5 x 34.5 kg

Deadlift

1x5x47 kgs

1x5x82 kgs

Assisted Chin Ups - 3x5

Okay so the workout was okay , i was a little overwhelmed when i saw the weight on the squat rack , but i just managed to pull out all the reps without any assistance .

OHP was okay , i know its a weak area and i tried some techniques discussed earlier and push pressed last few reps on some sets , but completed my 5x5 .

Deadlift welll this was a little surpirse , i packed on around 82kgs thats like 3 kgs more than my bw and in my first attempt i couldn't lift the weight i underestimated a little bit but after that i did manage all my 5 reps . I really need to get a form checked done now that the weight is heavy , a deadlift video next week .

I aim to eat 2700-2800 Calories today lets see if i can get there by end of the day .

your overhead press is really good mate! it's by far my weakest lift but I still really enjoy it looking forward to seeing your deadlift video mate! hope everythings cool in delhi

Its same for me i find OHP most difficult to do . Yes Deadlift video will be up and coming probably by Thursday next week .

Delhi is okay the weather is cold now but whats not cool is England kicking India a big time in the butt ,in the Test Series . You into cricket ?

08/12/12

WEEK 7 WORKOUT #19 A

Decline Crunches

3x10

SQUATS

Bar x 10 ,8 x37kg, 5x47 kg , 5 x 50kgs

I did not do my required 5x5 for squats today , i just couldn't feel the strength while i was doing my warmup and just felt the weight would be too heavy and i'l end up wasting myself . So just did few warmup sets too get the blood flow for better recovery . I do not feel any Soreness post workout in my legs considering i am squatting heavier than ever before , is it good or bad ??

BENCH PRESS

Bar x 10 , 8x27kg , 8x37kg

5 x 5 x 50kg

BARBELL ROWS

5 x 5 x 50kg

Dips

Bodyweight 3x5

Push ups 2x10

I felt a little low on energy through out the workout despite having a Peanut Butter JAm sandwich pre workout . I guess maybe training so hard for 7 continuous weeks the first time in my life the body is asking for some rest . My next workout will be on Thursday now that i have to go out of station for 3 days . So i should get a decent break that way .

when your a bit tired having another days rest is a good thing people worry that they are going to lose strength or size from doing things like that, but if its makes you have a better workout a few days later rather than a useless one on schedule then its all good! rest is very important especially when your doing maximum weights.

Hello everyone just came in last night, so workout will be tomorrow . Feeling a little strange not working out for a week now and i will only be able to do one workout this week that will be tomorrow , and that's a big workout as i will be aiming for new PB in Squats , Deads and OHP . Only thing after missing one full week i am still not sure if i should carry on the increment from where i left or just do one workout to get back into the feel .

Is one week a break long enough for a lower weightlifting workout session ?

Anyhow i plan to eat like crazy today and hope to rack up all the weight tomorrow .

How's it going with you all ?