New Day Rising Blog

putt_77

That's perfect. I should've thought of that. I teach English and Humanities at a CC for the past 11-years. And, I've just learned to utilize the summers off for my health.

Yesterday:

DL:

5X5 @ 120

Rear Delt row:

2x10 @ 88

1x8 @ 99

DB Pullover:

2X10 @ 20

1x8 @ 25

Upright Shoulder External Rotation:

2x12 @ 15

1x8 @ 20

I threw some new things in there that I haven't done before. The DB Pullover was a complete disaster. My form was awful and no matter how many times I watched the videos, I was working my triceps more than my lats. I think I'm going to eject this one for next time. Otherwise, everything else went fine. I did some jump rope (lightly, as the high impact can jolt my hip) before hand and bicycles on the floor. Afterwards, I stretched out for about 15m. I think that helped.

Meal 1:

Banana Pear Ginger Cereal (Thrive recipe) 4.8f/34.1c/5.7p

Almond Milk 2.5f/1c/1p

Meal 2:

Blood Booster Smoothie (Thrive Recipe) 13.5f/27.6c/7.7p

Meal 3:

Spinach and chicken seitan (homemade) salad 5.5f/15.6c/30p

Meal 4:

Hemp Protein and Almond Milk 6f/5.5c/22p

Meal 5:

2 Naked Cutlets 5f/10c/22p

Totals: 46gf/141c/114p 28.9%f/31.8%c/39.3%p 1356K

I like the Thrive diet, as I feel energetic and regular while following it, but the amount of fat, regardless what is written about it, tends to scare me off. And, it doesn't seem to provide enough protein--sometimes as little as 40g/day which qwould be like .22g/lb of body weight @ 175lbs.

I think the Thrive diet might be more well suited to endurance athletes, given that they don't require as much protein as strength athletes do. The basic templates there are good but I would definitely add in some more high-protein foods such as tempeh, tofu, and beans, as you already seem to be doing.

• 1 year later...