Vegan dieting tips

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Vegan dieting tips

#1 Postby MrTyr » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:53 pm

Hi I 've been a vegeterian(vegan) for the past two years. I find it difficult to find I consume sustaining food post workout. I add my protein powder to my meals e.g breakfeast to increase protein content. I also consume nuts as well to obtain protein.

Does anybody have other ideas to obtain a better sustaining diet.

Site Admin

Re: Vegan dieting tips

#2 Postby robert » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:54 am

Post workout I load up on heavy foods. Heavy foods by weight and by calories and by satiation. Potatoes, lentils, brown rice, beans, avocado, quinoa, yams, and greens are what I typically eat and it works for me.

Lately I've been making a lot of the same food while at home, but it is incredibly filling.

For dinner I eat:

Brown rice
Pinto or black beans (or both)
Romaine (or other greens).

The combination of rice, beans and hummus alone is very filling, full of calories, protein, etc. I add avocado, olives, etc. for extra flavor and preference.

I'm also a big fan of Thai and Indian foods which are also heavy by weight and calories and tend to be rice or potato based with lots of vegetables.

I eat fruit throughout the day and snack on other things as I feel like it.

Hope some of those dinner ideas help. Rice, beans and hummus - hard to beat.

Welcome aboard!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon ... 497&sr=1-1

VBB Moderator

Re: Vegan dieting tips

#3 Postby C.O. » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:26 pm

Another welcome, and I'd like to 2nd that tip. Whole foods are always the way to go over powders/supplements if at all possible. Nothing against supplements, I take them, but the more nutrients from whole foods the better.

Return to “Introductions”