Vegan dieting tips

MrTyr

Hi I 've been a vegeterian(vegan) for the past two years. I find it difficult to find I consume sustaining food post workout. I add my protein powder to my meals e.g breakfeast to increase protein content. I also consume nuts as well to obtain protein.

Does anybody have other ideas to obtain a better sustaining diet.

Welcome!

Post workout I load up on heavy foods. Heavy foods by weight and by calories and by satiation. Potatoes, lentils, brown rice, beans, avocado, quinoa, yams, and greens are what I typically eat and it works for me.

Lately I've been making a lot of the same food while at home, but it is incredibly filling.

For dinner I eat:

Brown rice

Pinto or black beans (or both)

Avocado

Hummus

Olives

Pickles

Romaine (or other greens).

The combination of rice, beans and hummus alone is very filling, full of calories, protein, etc. I add avocado, olives, etc. for extra flavor and preference.

I'm also a big fan of Thai and Indian foods which are also heavy by weight and calories and tend to be rice or potato based with lots of vegetables.

I eat fruit throughout the day and snack on other things as I feel like it.

Hope some of those dinner ideas help. Rice, beans and hummus - hard to beat.

Welcome aboard!

-Robert

Another welcome, and I'd like to 2nd that tip. Whole foods are always the way to go over powders/supplements if at all possible. Nothing against supplements, I take them, but the more nutrients from whole foods the better.

-Dylan