Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:09 pm 
Stegosaurus

yes, a university education is EXTREMELY expensive in North Americs. Europe is much more afforable for that purpose, and I even heard that in some European countries a university education is free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:26 pm 
Elephant

compassionategirl wrote:
yes, a university education is EXTREMELY expensive in North Americs. Europe is much more afforable for that purpose, and I even heard that in some European countries a university education is free.

There's lots of grant, scholarship, and loan money available in the U.S. though - especially if you're a dedicated student. When I first started college, I used to have to scrounge through the couch for change to go buy food. But I got grant and loan money to pay for the first 2 years of college, a scholarship to pay for the second 2 years of college, and a full scholarship to law school.

Post subject: Re: What does Veganism mean to you?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:37 pm 
Elephant

robert wrote:
What does Veganism mean to you?

Matt Ball wrote this, and I think it summarizes exactly what veganism means to me:

This may sound odd coming from a co-founder of Vegan Outreach, but it doesn't matter what label anyone places on me, or what label anyone places on themselves. For example, if Peter Singer (author of Animal Liberation) were to eat a dish that contains hidden dairy when at a colleague's house, or if Carole Morton (who runs Green Acres Farm Sanctuary and is a humane agent in a rural PA county) were to eat the eggs laid by the hens she has rescued ... do I want to cut them off, shun them from our vegan club?

Being vegan, for me, is about lessening suffering and working for animal liberation as efficiently as possible. It has nothing to do with personal purity or my ego. If, by some bizarre twist, eating a burger (or, better yet, a triple-cheese Uno's pizza :-) ) were to advance animal liberation significantly, then I would do it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:03 pm 
Stegosaurus

willpeavy wrote:
robert wrote:
What does Veganism mean to you?

Matt Ball wrote this, and I think it summarizes exactly what veganism means to me:

This may sound odd coming from a co-founder of Vegan Outreach, but it doesn't matter what label anyone places on me, or what label anyone places on themselves. For example, if Peter Singer (author of Animal Liberation) were to eat a dish that contains hidden dairy when at a colleague's house, or if Carole Morton (who runs Green Acres Farm Sanctuary and is a humane agent in a rural PA county) were to eat the eggs laid by the hens she has rescued ... do I want to cut them off, shun them from our vegan club?

Being vegan, for me, is about lessening suffering and working for animal liberation as efficiently as possible. It has nothing to do with personal purity or my ego. If, by some bizarre twist, eating a burger (or, better yet, a triple-cheese Uno's pizza :-) ) were to advance animal liberation significantly, then I would do it.

Will, I must say that I agree with this and with you agreeing with it.

About your prior post: I too got scholarships for university and law, but I am not sure if gym hater would be eligible - at least at York University in Toronto. Obviously, you are in a better position to give advice about Florida schools. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:14 pm 
Rabbit

willpeavy wrote:
robert wrote:
Being vegan, for me, is about lessening suffering and working for animal liberation as efficiently as possible. It has nothing to do with personal purity or my ego.

Hey awesome, Will. Exactly my sentiments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:11 pm 
Elephant

I agree with that too. If I wanted purity i'd go raw. I've been accused by several of my friends for being elitist and a moralist etc, but thats defense mechanisms for you. If someone happens to find you think they are doing something wrong they really take offense.