Rossco's journal

Yeah, it is easier said than done mate. It's just doing this kind of stuff over and over again, a lot of it ends up coming down to confidence.

Take a look at my final deadlift in the video of the meet, I might look calm but honestly my heart was beating out of my chest. I knew I had lifted 190kg before, but not weighing 2kg less than I normally do. Plus I had only gone up to 185kg in my training, so I really didn't know if I could do it as I walked up to the bar. That's why you can hear me yell something at the start and pull the bar to try and fire myself up. Think I even shouted out "GOT IT" when I realised I had the lift, lol. You've just gotta be willing to push the envelope every now and then, that's the difference between someone like myself and most of the regulars that I see at the gym every day.

Conceptualise, visualise and achieve.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you have a great meal for your Dad's Birthday, sounds awesome, Where are you going for it?

A nautical/sailor themed pub called the bargemans rest ahha its pretty cool, they do a veggie curry and veggie burgers (: its right on the side of a river at a quay and there's this memorial thing for where queen victoria visited outside lol

Do you cycle your workouts, if you do how many cycles do you go through in a year.

I train more instinctively, where I use my colleges gym which is only open 12pm-2pm and then 4-7pm I don't have much freedom, its also ridiculously busy so I do what I can when I can, its usually alright but I just stick to the main lifts and improving them. Once I've had a heavy session ill have a couple of medium/light ones before going for anymore personal bests (:

Hey MF it was bloody fun, there were so many people there loads of which were in costumes must have been loads of places work dos! Coincidently it was my work do aswell in the late evening, we went to a pub called the castle which has an old tale that there's a secret tunnel leading from the castle pub to the actual castle on the island anywho it was a blast! Danced to some old 80s music and had some isle of wight ale called wight christmas haha.

How's your weekend been? Suppose its nearly monday in NZ now ahha

Hey MF it was bloody fun, there were so many people there loads of which were in costumes must have been loads of places work dos! Coincidently it was my work do aswell in the late evening, we went to a pub called the castle which has an old tale that there's a secret tunnel leading from the castle pub to the actual castle on the island anywho it was a blast! Danced to some old 80s music and had some isle of wight ale called wight christmas haha.

How's your weekend been? Suppose its nearly monday in NZ now ahha

Sounds really cool

Yeah, weekend was cool. Picked up a massive playhouse for the girls yesterday, took about 10 of us to move it onto a trailer and get it back to my place. Then had a pretty solid training session in the afternoon, my strength is always good about a week after a meet

Yeahyeah you said about the playhouse on fb, glad it went okay sounded like a proper mission haha

I literally just posted on your log a minute ago bud haha but basically its lateish here so I'm off for the night! Will check your log tomorrow! I've got training tomorrow night too and I'm excited ha

Monday 10/12/12

Today was alright, the gym owner was laying into some 'lads/bros' about doing stupid isolation exercises which was great! Ahha

Bench press

Empty bar 20 Kg x 10

40 Kg x 8

60 Kg x 6

65 Kg x 6

65 Kg x 5

55 Kg x 11

Nice and light in preparation for my 80 Kg bench on friday

Pushup challenge! Fucked up again..

Me-30

Casey-40

Think its 4-2 to him..

Dips

X10 x10 x10

Squats. So origanally my best squat was 117.5kg but after seeing Mini forklifts form I've come to realise I need to do them lower to get them right so I've proper deloading and working back up. Last session I got up to 75 so this session I went to 80. Very low, basically touched the catches.

Safety bar (25 Kg) x 10

45 Kg x 8

65 Kg x 6

75 Kg x 6

80 Kg x 5

65 Kg x 10

Supersetted with leg extensions. Fuck! It hurt!

Well in the future maybe, although I think I'll look great bright orange/brown in budgie smugllers (speedos).. Haha nah it'll definitely be in powerlifting man, but like I said not anytime soon, its just an idea at the moment there's a couple of clubs just across the water in southampton and portsmouth that I've found online

Edited by vegan_rossco

Haha, the gym owner comment made me smile

PS: Gaza is a great track to train to mate!

Didn't notice this post haha sorry!

Yeah man its so funny there's three guys that always use the smith and when they aren't they're using dumbbells to do stupid shit, and they wear fingerless gloves.. Its tragic man haha

I only really train to my own music when I'm on my own and I like super fast hardcore for that haha :P mind you gaza is fairly heavy isn't it