Vegan Curious

Cown

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just got a phone call from the imaging centre at the hospital saying that there's been a request to get me in soon for an MRI. They've booked me in for tomorrow night but I'm sitting here freaking out a little bit because I have no idea why it's been requested, or why it needs to be done quickly. I'm trying to convince myself that I'm just thinking the worst, and that the only reason is that the other tests didn't show anything and my doctor knows that I'm in a fair amount of pain. I'm just repeating that to myself and it seems to have a calming effect lol

To add to that stress, I'm doing a dental on my own dog tomorrow at work. I think I'm going to need a drink before tomorrow is even half done lol If only I could.

On the bright side (I always find something..lol) my guy is incredible and way too good to me and has offered to go with me to the hospital

hey, how did your mri go?

The test itself was quick and easy...little painful since they put something on top of my hips that was heavy. I found out today that it wasn't the doctor I've been seeing who requested the test, it was the radiologist at the hospital who (I assume) was the one assessing my bone scan...so now I'm really confused and worried as to why it was warranted.

I managed to do a half-decent upper body workout today, and I was so optimistic nearing the end because my shoulder was doing so well...but then I tried pushups and my hip couldn't handle it. *sigh* At least the rest of the workout was good. I might actually start splitting stuff up again lol now that I'm able to do that many exercises in one visit.

haha muscle soreness is the best soreness ever isnt it , second is tattoo soreness! cant think of any other good sorenesses

Haha I love the feeling after a tattoo..except my last one. It was on my foot and caused me to limp for like 12 hours. As I was limping around I was already thinking about getting another, though. lol

I was going to say I can think of one more type of soreness...but I suppose it's classed as muscle soreness, just not caused by an activity that's done in the gym...lol

I go in to the doctor's tomorrow for a recheck...aka my test results. I found out on friday that I'll be getting results from all 3 tests... bone scan, x-ray, and MRI. I didn't think I was stressed out, but I've been in a weird place since yesterday morning, so I'm thinking the stress/anxiety is slowly building.

The situation around the MRI (it being requested to happen so quickly by the radiologist) makes me believe that I'm going to get some time of answer, since a coworker of mine had an MRI this year but she had to wait 3 or 4 months...I just don't know whether it's going to be a good or bad answer.

Fingers crossed.

Well, it's most likely not a tumour.

I have a tear in the labrum, which is cartilage in the joint, and it's likely a surgical fix so I've been given a referral to a surgeon. Sadly, it will probably take about 2 months to get in to see him.

The doctor and I agreed that we'd rather not go down the route of narcotics as far as pain control, so he put an urgent notice on my referral.

It didn't occur to me to ask what could be the cause of the tear, but since he asked if there was an initial injury that started the pain, I don't think he knows what the cause is. Doing minor research just now, one of the possible causes is F.A.I, which is the condition I've been thinking is likely for a little while now.

This site has some decent information, if anyone has the urge to do some reading..

http://orthopedics.about.com/od/hipinjuries/qt/labrum.htm

Now I play the waiting game.

So much for a couple months wait time...I have my first appt with the surgeon tomorrow. I'm kinda freaking out again, but in a good way this time...An hour ago I thought I'd be feeling like this for at least 3 more months, but now I could be better by the time 3 months pass by. YAY!

The surgeons (yes, plural...one couldn't figure it out, so I got 2) don't think the tear is my problem

The tear is very posterior, whereas my pain is anterior, so they're not willing to go into surgery for just that. The head surgeon literally told me that I'm 'mystifying'....I'm really getting tired of hearing that. I'm back to waiting for an arthrogram now, and they said they'd put a rush on it, but that could mean a 2 month wait instead of 4 months. That being said, I've had pretty good luck with getting quick appointments, so maybe that will continue.

I really just don't want to be in pain anymore...This is more frustrating than ever now that I've practically been taunted with the idea of being healed in the near future.

I'd really love to work out my frustrations with a long cardio session or some heavy weights, but I really don't see either of those options being any good for me...I need a new outlet.

Decent workout on wednesday..

Lateral raises w/ 5lb 20 x 3

Combo front/lateral raises w/ 5 lbs 10(per side) x 3

Head level cable raises 20lb/side 15 x 3

Preacher curls w/ 20lb 15 x 3

Cable rows w/ 40lb 15 x 3

Tricep kickbacks w/ 7.5lb (I think...) 12 x 3

Tricep cable pull downs w/ 30lb 15 x 3

Having to stick with the minimal weight is VERY humbling. I hate it, but considering that the other option is nothing at all, I'll deal lol

Still no word on my arthrogram, but I really need to call and ask that they do both hips, since my 'good' hip is catching up to the bad one.

Today was a very sad day...I had to buy a new alarm clock. Mine has really served it's time...I've had it since I was about 8 years old, but seeing as it's failed to go off 2 days in a row (making me late for work 2 days in a row..), I think it's time it be put to rest lol

Did a quick workout before going into work yesterday morning. I didn't get to do quite as much as wednesday, but I got a decent amount done. Better than nothing, anyway, and shoulder feels good today. It seems that I have to work out the tension in the tissues with a bar. My old trainer friend showed me this good trick - Lying on my back on the ground, I place a 45lb bar at an angle to my body and let one end lie right on the most sore spot of my shoulder. My elbow lies level with my shoulder, then I try and rotate my arm. It sure hurts like hell, but man does it work. I guess I'll just make a habit of doing that at the end of every workout and I should be ok *fingers crossed*

I've started taking ground flax at the insistance of my boss (to help my hip), but I really don't like it...I think I'll switch to a liquid omega from Vega when I'm done this. I'm on the lookout for a vegan glucosamine, though..Anyone know of one?

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

I've started taking ground flax at the insistance of my boss (to help my hip), but I really don't like it...I think I'll switch to a liquid omega from Vega when I'm done this. I'm on the lookout for a vegan glucosamine, though..Anyone know of one?

http://www.wholesalehealthstore.co.nz/image/cache/data/solgar-glucosamine-hci-1000mg-500x500.jpg

I use that one from time to time, 2 a day gives you a pretty good dose. I'm not mad on ground linseed, but if you can get it LSA is a lot tastier as well as being higher in protein from the ground nuts (linseed/sunflower seeds/almonds)

Good weekend with me, how about you?

Good weekend with me, how about you?

Not bad...went out drinking with my guy on saturday and we found a guy dressed as a jester who was making balloon shapes lol I got a ray gun

Little stressed out right now, though...I've just realized I HAVE to get Xmas shopping done this week since I work every day next week...With 10hr days and a puppy to come home to, no time to shop...When did Xmas get so close?

wow that dog made me melt

crosses actually grow faster better and stronger by genetics, it's called "hybrid vigour" so that may have something to do with personality differences

She does tend to have that effect! And she's very much aware of it, too lol

Crosses do often have the best of both breeds, but sometimes it works against them. Like both of my girl's breeds being known for hip issues, well, really joint issues in general.

Mr Bear, what kind of dog do you have??