Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Vegan Curious
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:28 pm 
Manatee

mrbear666 wrote:
what puppy do you have? :D

She's not actually a puppy, I just call her one lol She's a 16yr old corgi x german shepherd, and she's also my baby :D

Attachments:
Sarah.jpg
Sarah.jpg [ 235.73 KiB | Viewed 1640 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:32 pm 
Elephant

shes cute! i love dogs, i only have one at the moment tho :( ive always thought crosses make better pets, they seem to have more personality

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:35 pm 
Batman

wow that dog made me melt :) :)

crosses actually grow faster better and stronger by genetics, it's called "hybrid vigour" so that may have something to do with personality differences

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
There's only one thing I'm riding at 6am, and it's not a bike!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29098
http://www.facebook.com/ross.d.cosgrove

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:39 pm 
Elephant

another animal lover has arrived :D ^^^^^

ah thats interesting! you learn something new everyday! cheers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:23 pm 
Manatee

vegan_rossco wrote:
wow that dog made me melt :) :)

crosses actually grow faster better and stronger by genetics, it's called "hybrid vigour" so that may have something to do with personality differences

She does tend to have that effect! :) And she's very much aware of it, too lol
Crosses do often have the best of both breeds, but sometimes it works against them. Like both of my girl's breeds being known for hip issues, well, really joint issues in general.

Mr Bear, what kind of dog do you have??

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:02 pm 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

Beautiful dog, she's lovely. I still miss my one even 6yrs on.

Image @MiniForklift
WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:15 pm 
Manatee

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Beautiful dog, she's lovely. I still miss my one even 6yrs on.

They're like having a kid and a best friend all in one, I think it's normal to miss them endlessly. I have to go through other people saying goodbye to their pets all the time, but I've never had to. It's a devastating thought.
What kind of dog did you have?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:32 pm 
VBB Moderator Powerlifter & Ultrarunner

Cown wrote:
What kind of dog did you have?

Scooby, a fox terrier. My best buddy and running partner. He got knocked over by a car when he was about 20 months old, he died about a minute after being hit. He was still alive when I reached him, died in my arms so I would have been the last thing he saw :(

Image @MiniForklift
WEB: http://www.jimsty.wix.com/strength-vs-size
FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mini-Forklift/161273440616736?ref=hl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:03 pm 
Manatee

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:

Scooby, a fox terrier. My best buddy and running partner. He got knocked over by a car when he was about 20 months old, he died about a minute after being hit. He was still alive when I reached him, died in my arms so I would have been the last thing he saw :(

That's awful = ( I'm so sorry.
I started my saturday at work with a devastated owner who's only dog was killed by a car...The driver was texting as she came around a corner, the dog's leash had snapped so he was loose. The driver actually stopped and got out, though still texting, yelled at the owner, then drove away. I don't understand what's wrong with people.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:03 am 
Elephant

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=28533&start=60 i got a scrumpy!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:03 pm 
Manatee

mrbear666 wrote:
http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=28533&start=60 i got a scrumpy!

I can't even tell what breed he/she is...lol
Almost whippet-like, but not quite. I'm at a loss!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:06 pm 
Manatee

No gym so far this week :( I'm getting my ass kicked by a cold, but I'm improving quite quickly thanks to some fantastic meds, so I'm hoping either friday or saturday to get back in there.
Diet is going straight to hell, though. Clients are bringing in absurd amounts of goodies for us...thing like homemade toblerone/caramel cheesecake. How is that even fair?? haha The miror doesn't like these foods, but my stomach is extremely happy.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:58 pm 
Manatee

No gym for me yet :( I'm still sick, but thankfully it's more in my chest now than in my head. Whether my body likes it or not, I'm going tomorrow before work. A week off is more than I care to tolerate lol
Had my annual christmas outting with my friend and her husband, with my boyfriend being the new addition. Great time...had an awesome dinner, then watched Christmas Vacation while having cookies and baileys/hot chocolate. :)
Tonight I'm actually cooking (extremely rare occurance) dinner since my grandpa is coming down for the night. Veggie chili is what's on the menu for the evening :)
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:47 am 
Manatee

Awesome (well, awesome as compared to recent) workout yesterday. I woke up at 4:30am (2hrs ago), rolled over and smiled because it hurt me to do so haha then went back to sleep for an hour.
I did basically what I've been doing for a while, but added in tricep extensions and I attempted assisted pull ups again. It was really, really weak, but I was doing wide grip (which I've never been good at). It's a start, anyway.
I also altered my middle bench set to 3 down, 1 up. I had to only do the middle set because it hurt too much lol I figure doing all sets in that format is a good goal because I'm not sure I'm ready to increase weight.

Last night after work I spend my time wrapping Xmas presents, but my four legged children were plotting against me. My female cat kept claiming everything as her bed, and my pup decided that she should have all of my attention. She was being very puppyish last night lol it was adorable :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:11 pm 
Elephant

have you ever done negative only sets for pull ups? i find them good for increasing the amount of pull ups i can do! my friend couldnt do one pull til she started doing negatives and building up reps of those and progressed onto to pull ups then! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 358 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 24  Next