Nutrition guides for raw food Vegans with food allergies

Hi,

I need help. I'm a 43 year old male. About 18 months ago I watched Fat Sick & Nearly Dead. I did the 60 day juice fast and lost 90 pounds. I went from a pant size 44 waist to 32. I never felt better! Luckily for me I didn't have any major health issues going into this journey. Previously I just felt like crap.....depressed, anxiety, fatigued, dizzy, cranky,sickly, really thought I was dying and would have to quit working.

I have stayed right on track for a clean raw food diet and still look good!

I did just finish Insanity twice (well almost twice-missed the last two weeks because I got sick from food allergies).

My allergies are Wheat/Gluten (confirmed celiac), soy, dairy, eggs, nuts, rice and my latest discovery bananas & certified gluten free oats. Oatmeal about killed me during insanity. I have not had oats in a bout 3 weeks and I'm back to normal again, I did Insanity twice this week and feel pretty good.

I still have belly fat that won't go away (I don't think its loose skin, however maybe a little)

My diet is very simple and about the same everyday because of Allergies. I used MyFitnessPal app to track calories for several months and I stayed at 2500 calories a day during Insanity upped calories from 2100 and I felt better.

*Breakfast : Juice via Juicer-fresh kale & spinach always + fruit and veggies. Change it up daily.

*Brunch: Green Smoothie 24 ounces-Kale, fruit, home made split pea protein powder, coconut milk, flax oil or seeds.

*Lunch: Huge Green salad with lots of veggies, a little vinegar and oil.

*Afternoon snack Green Smoothie 24 ounces, Raw Revolution bar (quit eating them almonds made me sick).

*Insanity: Vega Sport Recovery drink (I know I shouldn't have rice but do it sometimes) vanilla or chocolate blended with 8 ounces of coconut chocolate milk and ice.

*Dinner: Vegan Tacos, lettuce, avacado, beans, salsa, food for life sprouted corn tortillas. Or Steamed veggies with a little vegan butter, or vegetable soup (I do make my own broth using organic beef bones- the bone broth really helped heal my gut damage from celiac/leaky gut).

I tried to eat a little salmon or fish here and there, and it just didn't make me feel any better.

*Snack: Corn thins with PB&J or juice, or green smoothie

Because of my food allergies I could not drink Results and recovery formula, and didn't want to try vegan shakeology for the same reason (plus they are expensive when you combine them with eating a clean diet)

I was having the worst time recovering from Insanity at the end of round 2. I'm sure it was food allergies, the oatmeal attacked my gut, gave me horrific gas and bloating, along with painful joints and weakness.

I'm feeling much better again.

I want to start P90x (may start turbo fire to see If I can get my wife off the couch, she feels left behind and knows she needs to do something but refuses to go vegan-baby steps).

Does my diet look healthy for somebody trying to build muscle? I do not want to look like a body builder, I just want to look toned muscular and fit and not work my ass off everyday and still have belly fat. Most importantly I don't want to cause any harm to myself by missing key foods that I may not get from such a limited diet.

As most of you know all commercial protein powders have at least one allergen in the ingredients if not several. I tried a commercial pea protein, but it contains xylitol and erythritol and those give me terrible gas and bloating and brain fog. (I later found out doctors are using those two sugars to test people for leaky gut disease-I can testify that i works well!)

I have been blending split peas, chia seeds, flaxseeds, green algae, hemp protein powder together with stevia and adding a 1/4 cup to a 64 ounce blender canister of green smoothie and splitting the smoothie up though out the day.

Thanks for your time.

Wade

Hi,

I need help. I'm a 43 year old male. About 18 months ago I watched Fat Sick & Nearly Dead. I did the 60 day juice fast and lost 90 pounds. I went from a pant size 44 waist to 32. I never felt better! Luckily for me I didn't have any major health issues going into this journey. Previously I just felt like crap.....depressed, anxiety, fatigued, dizzy, cranky,sickly, really thought I was dying and would have to quit working.

I have stayed right on track for a clean raw food diet and still look good!

I did just finish Insanity twice (well almost twice-missed the last two weeks because I got sick from food allergies).

My allergies are Wheat/Gluten (confirmed celiac), soy, dairy, eggs, nuts, rice and my latest discovery bananas & certified gluten free oats. Oatmeal about killed me during insanity. I have not had oats in a bout 3 weeks and I'm back to normal again, I did Insanity twice this week and feel pretty good.

I still have belly fat that won't go away (I don't think its loose skin, however maybe a little)

My diet is very simple and about the same everyday because of Allergies. I used MyFitnessPal app to track calories for several months and I stayed at 2500 calories a day during Insanity upped calories from 2100 and I felt better.

*Breakfast : Juice via Juicer-fresh kale & spinach always + fruit and veggies. Change it up daily.

*Brunch: Green Smoothie 24 ounces-Kale, fruit, home made split pea protein powder, coconut milk, flax oil or seeds.

*Lunch: Huge Green salad with lots of veggies, a little vinegar and oil.

*Afternoon snack Green Smoothie 24 ounces, Raw Revolution bar (quit eating them almonds made me sick).

*Insanity: Vega Sport Recovery drink (I know I shouldn't have rice but do it sometimes) vanilla or chocolate blended with 8 ounces of coconut chocolate milk and ice.

*Dinner: Vegan Tacos, lettuce, avacado, beans, salsa, food for life sprouted corn tortillas. Or Steamed veggies with a little vegan butter, or vegetable soup (I do make my own broth using organic beef bones- the bone broth really helped heal my gut damage from celiac/leaky gut).

I tried to eat a little salmon or fish here and there, and it just didn't make me feel any better.

*Snack: Corn thins with PB&J or juice, or green smoothie

Because of my food allergies I could not drink Results and recovery formula, and didn't want to try vegan shakeology for the same reason (plus they are expensive when you combine them with eating a clean diet)

I was having the worst time recovering from Insanity at the end of round 2. I'm sure it was food allergies, the oatmeal attacked my gut, gave me horrific gas and bloating, along with painful joints and weakness.

I'm feeling much better again.

I want to start P90x (may start turbo fire to see If I can get my wife off the couch, she feels left behind and knows she needs to do something but refuses to go vegan-baby steps).

Does my diet look healthy for somebody trying to build muscle? I do not want to look like a body builder, I just want to look toned muscular and fit and not work my ass off everyday and still have belly fat. Most importantly I don't want to cause any harm to myself by missing key foods that I may not get from such a limited diet.

As most of you know all commercial protein powders have at least one allergen in the ingredients if not several. I tried a commercial pea protein, but it contains xylitol and erythritol and those give me terrible gas and bloating and brain fog. (I later found out doctors are using those two sugars to test people for leaky gut disease-I can testify that i works well!)

I have been blending split peas, chia seeds, flaxseeds, green algae, hemp protein powder together with stevia and adding a 1/4 cup to a 64 ounce blender canister of green smoothie and splitting the smoothie up though out the day.

Thanks for your time.

Wade

I forgot to mention for breakfast I had been having oatmeal with protein powder and fresh berries up until a few weeks ago, now I'm eating a buckwheat hot cereal with protein powder and berries.

I'm also taking daily vitamins in case my diet is lacking things like B12.

I also didn't give Insanity enough credit, I lost inches, developed muscles and strength. I couldn't do 1 pushup when I started now I can do about 25 before I need a short break. I want to do P90x to increase strength and burn the rest of the mid section fat off.

Wade

• 1 month later...
I'm in the same boat with most of those allergies.

Organic bananas and organic non-pasturized nuts? What type of nuts?

Bananas give me migraines, the zig zaggy blurry vision. I'm not sure about all nuts, raw almonds defiantly make me feel sickly and gassy. I do eat some peanut butter and that seems okay. I found energy bar chunks at Natural Grocers that is pretty good "cha cha chia" is the name, dates, apricots, chia seeds, cashews and other raw ingredients, I cannot tell if they are affecting me.

I re-read the book Thrive last week, the recipes seem hardcore for even myself who is on a fairly strict hardcore raw vegan (hardcore for the average person) diet.

I just need to take the time to make some recipes in the book.

I started taking Oxyperm and Permeabilty Factors again for leaky gut issues, I feel far better!

I purchased P90x, and all the gear this week. I'm doing stretch and yoga x all week (maybe two weeks) to recover from 6 months of insanity- i am very non flexible, I'm enjoying it......I also have developed tendonitis like symptoms in my lower neck to shoulder blades, so the stretching in really making the pain disappear.

After a round of P90x, I will most likely do the p90x/Insanity hybrid to see if I can keep up again because i really feel fatigued, my wife says I'm too critical of my workout because I can keep up with everybody in the video, of course I should feel fatigued. She is right, I have just gotten stronger and perform better reps, so I feel more tired now than I did at week 1.

I did order the new p90x2 nutrition guide this morning, in hopes that the vegan section isn't all processed foods and soy.

• 2 years later...
Hi,

I guess you can find some products here: http://snacksforvegs.com/

Search them by categories.

Edited by FitnessPsycho