Checking in from the DFW

dangoody27

Hello everyone,

My name is Dan and I'm coming to you from Dallas-Fort Worth. I have been a true vegan since May of this year (vegetarian for about 6 months prior to that). I just moved to the area after spending the last 5 years in New York (lived in Newburgh, worked and went to school in The City). I split my training time between Stroud's Fitness in Hurst, TX and my garage gym (just scored a set 120lb Ironmasters from Craigslist!).

My decision to vegan was based on my passion for powerbuilding/nutrition and love for animals. My wife and I have 5 dogs, 3 cats, 2 sugar gliders, 2 rabbits, and some betta fish mixed in there. We settled on DFW to start a non-profit animal rescue that focuses on re-homing pit bulls.

I work in IT for an automotive finance company in the area and spent 7 years in the Air Force.

Nice to "meet" everyone!

Good to see you here Dan, hope you stick around. Nice community with some really cool people all passionate about similar things. How would you summarise the 'powerbuilding' that you do?

Hope to see you posting more on here soon

I tend to stick with a traditional powerlifting routine, but mix in some bodybuilding as well. I've done 5x5 throughout the years and am currently on the deloading week of Webdler's 5-3-1. My goal is always to get stronger and that has served me well. I have always enjoyed deadlifting and squats, so I always find a way to keep them in the routine.

Hey Dan, welcome to the community here. Excellent reasons for going vegan, now can you keep it up? How have things been going for you eating and training wise? Thought about or already keep a training journal/log? It'd be great if you kept one and shared it with us in the training journals thread section of the forum.

-Dylan

Hey Dan, welcome to the community here. Excellent reasons for going vegan, now can you keep it up? How have things been going for you eating and training wise? Thought about or already keep a training journal/log? It'd be great if you kept one and shared it with us in the training journals thread section of the forum.

-Dylan

'Preciate it. I honestly have no desire to go back to the carnivore lifestyle. I'm currently Carb Backloading now which initially was a challenge until I got my supplement order in from TrueProtein. The log is a great idea and I am just about to start another cycle of 5-3-1 on Monday, so it works out perfectly!