Sleeping Enough?

ian

I struggle with sleep sometimes. I am very active, much more than the "average" person, and all of my activities and interests lead me to sleeping very little.

I'm working on it. I've mentioned it a few times on this forum, that one of my goals is to get more sleep each day/night. So I'm taking some steps toward that.

Amazingly, I can function quite well on little sleep, but it all comes with a cost, it all seems to catch up to me somewhere down the road. Maybe days, maybe weeks later, but I feel it later on.

Sleep is very important. We should all try to make sure that we are getting our rest and encouraging others to get adequate sleep as well. I get reminders from Topher, Nat, Kollison, Chesty Leroux and others to "get to bed already!"

So anyway, yeah, I feel ya, rest =

Yes, it's always a balancing act between living life and sleeping. I have so much I want and need to do that I could easily only sleep 6 hours at night. But lifting heavy just will not allow that, I really need at least 7-8 to function and 9 or more is ideal for growing! Lack of sleep equals lack of lifting progress for me.

I definitely feel the same way. No sleep or a strange schedule means that my lifting suffers a whole bunch. I'm also stepping up my hours at work to get a promotion which means they're going to start making me work really strange hours. Lifting is definitely going to come second! But once this is over hopefully I'll be back to normal.

I need to sleep at least 8-10 hours or else I feel like crap. the past couple of days Ive only been getting about 4-6 hours of sleep a night an dI feel horrible...yet im making decent gains....only cause my body is tired and is calling for more energy...so im taking in a lot of calories.

Yep me too - I look and feel awful when I doubt have enough sleep. I usually have a foul mood and am very ratty as well.

My training obviously suffers too, and I have to make allowances for the fact I have less strength and energy as when I am fully rested.