Dylan Kasprzyk's Brooklyn Training Journal

C.O.

I was a little scared when I saw mention of the red bean and avocado diet, too haha What a random combination of foods.

I love the bet you and your girlfriend have going...who's winning?? lol I assume you have to keep each other regularly updated on weights?

Glad to hear you weren't too affected by the storm a few weeks ago.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MF, the weekend has been a good one so far.

I cashed in on a previous bet with the gf that I won tonight and she cooked some vegan lasagna, mmm it was good.

Cown, I think I'm definitely winning so far, I think she has actually gained a lb or 2. I want to win, rather I will definitely make sure I win, but I also want to make sure she is successful as well. Getting her to make better food choices is easy, well kind of, all I have to do is cook them for her haha. The exercise part is harder. She is a competitive dancer so she spends a lot of time at dance practice, but its ballroom so it doesn't give her an aerobic workout enough to help burn major calories.

Tweaked my back somehow. Having very mild but scary symptoms similar to when I had a sciatic nerve injury a decade ago. Soccer semi-finals are wednesday I really hope it is no big deal and I don't hurt myself playing.

Anyone reading this that has advice or experience with this type of thing please chime in,

thanks!

So far in the gf vs bf weight gain vs weight loss challenge I am up 3 lbs and she is up 1 lb (she is trying to lose and I am trying to gain) So I guess that means I am currently ahead 400% is that right, I think so. I just have to be up 150% at December 12 and keep that ratio again by January 12. My goal is 10 lbs by Dec 12 so I have a big 7 to hit in a couple weeks. And 15 by Jan 12.

Soccer semi-finals and potentially the finals as well tonight. Hope that my back holds up.

ANyone have tips for vegan fried rice? Normally the 2 secrets to making excellent friend rice are 1. use old rice that's been in your fridge a few days. 2. Mix in egg. Anyone mix in tofu or anything else to help make the vegan version equally delicious?

Wow, lots of responses on my thread, feels good, thanks all, I've been feeling pretty down lately, but viewing the responses today cheered me up a little.

Bear- I am also big on the pineapple but that's not enough for me, I need more haha.

Lean- thanks man, I am working on the perfect vegan fried rice and when I figure it out I will definitely spread the love.

Mini- thanks for the kind words.

Michael- well soccer ended in the semi finals for us. I had a solid game, 2 assists and 1 goal but we lost 3-8. Ended top 3 for the season out of 12 though not too shabby. I love watching soccer. I am a HUGE Portland Timbers fan (best fans in the US for sure). I love watching Euro-cup and World cup but otherwise I don't get to watch enough premiere league or other league matches. I like Liverpool in the Premier league. During world competitions I like Poland 1st, and then Cameroon, Brazil, Argentina, and Spain, Columbia, and of course USA.

Robert- snowboarding season is coming up and until then I will be in the gym trying to get stronger. I will likely start a new soccer season in late january.

haha ok mate no worries about the rice i would love to try snowboarding was looking at some old threads on here with some links to you tube videos on snowboarding looks so good! bet it a good leg workout?

Snowboarding is awesome, yeah it can be a pretty good workout (even more so if you fall over in deep powder lol). I need to get back into it, just a bit harder to fit in with the kids now.

Hope you are having a good week, weekend is nearly here again

Yup, I havent gone up this year yet but I'll be going in Oregon next week! Giac, I will definitely let you know when I can go up here on the east coast. Hopefully soon. Definitely bring Nick and my gf Miho along too.

Yeah I always feel like I get a good leg work out from a long day of riding. Can be a little lopsided though, I need to learn to ride switch more/better.

Update on the weigh in competition with the gf. Round one I won up 4 lbs her down 2, so I was up 200%. Next weigh in is Jan 12th and I hope to be at up 10 lbs total so to put on another 6 this month.

Its that time of year I'm hearing new years resolution talk. Even from new forum members here. For me the short term goals are find a better paying job and also win the next weigh in challenge vs my gf on Jan 12. Heading to Oregon for 10 days with a day and 1/2 of Seattle in th middle. Hoping to get s couple days in the gym but if not at least home workouts and 1 day of snowboarding.

Currently addicted to chia seeds in coconut milk, I love the bubbles. Well all, I'm about to get on some subway trains for a couple hours on this all nighter and catch an early morning flight. Everyone who reads this do one extra rep today let's push it!

I dont know about the avatar, it wasnt working so I changed it, it was good for a couple weeks and then the new one isnt working now too, not sure what the deal is. I'll try re-loading it.

I think the ratio is like 1/4 cup seeds to 2 cups coconut milk but its really up to you how seedy you would like it to be.

Soy flour on sweet potatoes experiment went pretty good. Not something I'll probably do again but definitely not bad. Had lots left over from Mochi and gave it a go.

Do you all eat mochi? Its vegan but its not gluten free if that's something you shy from.

Hit the NJ mountains (MT Creek) for boarding sesh #2 and #3, the snow was pretty weak vs oregon of course but still had a great time and a good workout. Had a pretty entertaining fall off a side curved rainbow box. Basically started 50-50 to board slide to face plant. Came out uninjured though thankfully. I've learned how to take a safe fall over the years.

Less than 2 weeks left until my next weigh-in bet date with the gf. I am way way way in the lead I think I'm up like 600% or something to her loses but I'm hoping to put on another 4-5 lbs over the next 2 weeks regardless of the bet.

Tomorrow night its back in the gym. Going to hit the lower body hard and then focus on my back for Thursday.