*NEW* Vegan Health & Fitness Magazine!

robert

Forgot all about it, so I don't know what those outfits were made of. Derek is on the forum though, so anyone can ask him directly. I just glanced at a friend's winter issue, but I'll be getting mine in the mail soon I'm sure.

Just wrote my article for the spring issue. It was a fun article to write!

Maybenot, thanks for subscribing. Hope you like the magazine!

I can't wait to see articles on Whey and DHA/EPA sources! I'm so sick of hearing about how important it is to eat that shit! Working in a health food store, it would prove invaluable, as I could show it to customers

I manage a health store as well, we sell an algal omega 3 which has great levels of DHA/EPA. I've been using it for about 4 or 5 months and reckon it's great ~ I get all of our customers onto that one instead.

That's awesome! Which one, and what are the levels of DHA and EPA in it per softgel, how much per bottle, and how many services? Problem is, I have no data on why algae is better for your health than fish oils (almost all our customers are incredibly selfish that way), and so I try to sell them the algae oils, but its like $20-30 for no more than 30 serving and very low in EPA & DHA. Then they look at the one by solgar, their triple strength one, has at least 30 servings if not 60, it's on sale for $14, with 950 mg of combined EPA/DHA, and with Dr. Oz telling them they need mega doses.. without reliable data & studies, I lose that battle

Full info here:

http://www.lifestream.co.nz/Products/Lifestream-V-Omega-3/default.aspx

http://www.healthpost.co.nz/productimages/LARGE/3919.jpg

"A staggering 100,000 tonnes of fish oil are now consumed from our oceans, of that over 51,000 tonnes are used for food supplements, says a new report. The study led by the International Programme on the State of the Ocean (IPSO) concluded “We now face losing marine species and entire marine ecosystems, such as coral reefs, within a single generation,” according to the study by 27 experts to be presented to the United Nations.

The only sustainable and long term alternative has to be renewable algal sources. Choose EPA & DHA rich sustainable sources for your food supplements, algae derived materials are a proven 100% clean, free from toxins and do not come from the already ravaged oceans."