*Your best lift of the day ~ post it here*

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, dude. It felt good to lift that much, although my form was shit!

Solid lift, just be careful. How come your form was bad?

Check my log, I go into and have a video up. Like I said, form was shit and I don't know why. Other than the 445 lbs I pulled last week (which probably also had shit form, I didn't take video so I don't know), this is the first time I've gone for a real 1RM at a heavy weight.

Any of you guys do squat cleans? I did them religiously when i was racing BMX. GREAT power move. I~d do them with dumbells. Clean to the shoulders, into the squat, plyometric jump to finish it.

At that point, my goal was time. I did sets of 12, shooting for the shortest time possible. If I recall, my PB was 39 seconds for a set of 12 with 45lb dumbells. (and there was NO standing of any kind when that set was over LOL)

• 3 weeks later...

In my efforts to whittle away the last few bits that need attention before my wedding in March (gotta be picture perfect, ya` know? LOL) I was lifting a little heavier to put on a little more upper body size. Went for the 300lb bench and the ol` shoulder just isn`t up for it (old separation/torn RC from a bicycle crash). I`m not even going to concern myself with hitting it.

FWIW, I train with a guy who once benched 455 raw (I was the spotter and saw it happen. The dude`s an animal), and he never, ever benches more than about 265 these days, and he`s still huge.