Show us your pets!

Baby Hercules

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you do for work then?? I'm currently studying animal biology/care and am desperate for a career with animals hha

I'm an RVT - registered veterinary technician.

The job has different titles in different places, it even varies between provinces here, but essentially I'm the nurse of the vet world. The only differences being that we have a bigger job description/workload than nurses and get paid less haha

This thread cracks me up ~ and yes Cown, your Facebook animal photos out-number photos of people by about 100-1 haha.

haha it's because my animals are cuter than my friends!

Girl, you need to find some new friends

lol! I'll never find people who are cuter than my critters

We're making me sound like a crazy animal lady, here..lol

Wow that sounds cool I want to get into animal rescue and rehabilitation as a career, currently I work here http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=223408724459372&refid=46 but there isn't any money in it, I'm studying animal sciences at the moment, and at some point next year I'm doing a marine mammal medic course

I always thought that my ideal situation would be working in a no kill shelter, or some sort of rescue. After being in just a regular clinic for a couple years, though, I know I couldn't handle it. Too much heartbreak. Physical rehab, though, that'd be seriously cool to do. I had to rehab my own dog after doing knee surgery...it's really awesome to watch the recovery process.

Btw, those bats are very adorable

Gambit and the golden in the back are unbelievably adorable. Though Gambit does look like a bit of a meathead..lol it just adds to how cute he is.

He is definitely a meathead, but he loves to go on runs so he keeps me honest in the cardio department. I actually have to get him a new Aerobie for Xmas since he destroyed the other one...good thing they are cheap.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I am new to this forum but I am an old Dog lover. I believe that the dogs love me more than I love them. It really soothes my soul to see a hungry dog eating out of my hand. I have a cute Pomeranian at my home. I love my snoopy and both of us love those unfortunate rescue dogs too. For showing our concern for them, all I have to do is to buy Dog food for him from this dog food store. The rest is taken care of by them. As soon as they sell you food for your pet with one hand, with the other, they send the same amount of food to the rescue dogs shelter. So my snoopy gets an opportunity to be a hero. Another good thing is that the buyer can actually choose the group of the rescue dogs in their area that will be benefiting from the transaction.

Here's one or two. Need to take more pictures of the snakes as a lot are missing.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t89/mythil/IMAG0006.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t89/mythil/IMAG0004.jpg

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t89/mythil/2010-10-31161803.jpg

Gunna have my fill of furry children for a few days...I have my old lady, 2 cats, and I'm babysitting my 'other kids' starting on wednesday and through the weekend. 4 dogs in total, 2 of them being geriatric, 2 being shit heads haha It's going to be just chaos around here...Wish me luck!

I had to warn my boyfriend well in advance that the dogs get first dibs on cuddling with me...I'm not sure he understands that they'll actually fight for their spots lol

Here are 2 of the babies...These are the bad ones lol The white one believes she's mine and tries to leave with me from work instead of my boss (her actual owner)

993792510_Photo0324(640x480).jpg.d44de1ec91048561cbc378dcd5cd6941.jpg

What a happy little goof!

Was he just a stray, or was he neglected? Looks like he used to have some fears/be pretty cautious, did that improve? My old lady was a rescue, too. She was so abused that she wouldn't go in any small rooms, near any type of water (even a puddle), she'd cower if you tried to lean down and pet her, and more things...Now she's a chubby, pampered old fart

He was a "stray negleted". He lived in a 'indian(native brazillian - indigenous - don't know the correct term, correct me please) village' .

The indians(indigenous people?) adopt some dogs but they totally neglect them, so they are pretty much like strays dogs left in the woods.

Now he has zero fear, he is just active and playful.

Happy to know about your chubby lady, it is always nice to know more people that care and help animals in all ways they can(either not eating or rescuing them).

I've helped many abused dogs, that's something pretty hard to handle, lots of cruel and nasty people in this world.