Raw protein powder

All topics relating to health, diet, nutrition programs and any questions you might have about general health.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

mythil
Manatee

Raw protein powder

#1 Postby mythil » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:50 pm

Well I'm slowly making my way over to raw, slowly bit by bit as I really need to work out what foods I can and can't eat. May seem simple but I do eat sweet potatos, corn, peas and so on which usually need cooking (especially if frozen).

While I work that out, I was wondering if there is anything in protein powders that wouldn't be considered raw.. What about oat powders and so on?
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard." - Tim Notke
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Sir Winston Churchill

Justincblount
Rabbit

Re: Raw protein powder

#2 Postby Justincblount » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:27 am

I tried one raw protein powder with a bunch of different sprouts and other things. The taste is okay, but the powder isn't very soluble, so I just mix it with raw hemp protein. The hemp protein is great tasting, actually makes a smoothie or milkshake taste creamier, and the consistency isn't bad at all. I heard hemp has the best protein of any plant. Advantage: hemp.

Justincblount
Rabbit

#3 Postby Justincblount » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:32 am

Sorry I misinterpreted the post... wow, I have no idea. Would rice and pea protein be raw?

Mufflon
Rabbit

#4 Postby Mufflon » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:07 am

Usually not. There is the sunwarrior rice protein and their protein blend though. I never tried it because I think it's way too expensive. I don't know if the Vega proteins are 100% raw.

Return to “Health & Nutrition Programs”