Rossco's journal

Okay good

Right so I'm unable to get to the gym today and am looking after my little bros in the evening so I'll have to train from home in about an hours time. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Think it'll end up being

Pull ups 4/5 sets of 2 reps with 10 second holds

Hammer curls 4 or 5 sets

Press ups 3/4 sets

Barbell rows, light weight high reps 4/5 sets

Bare in mind I only have a pull up bar and an awful barbell that can only fit 35kg on it plus 2 dumbbells

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shit mood, wanted to go the gym, but this is what I did at home..

Pull ups

x2 with 10 second hold

x2 with 10 second hold

x2 with 10 second hold

x2 with 10 second hold

x3 with 10 second hold

hammer curls.. weight is per dummbell

10 Kg x 10 each arm

12.5 Kg x 10 each arm

15 Kg x 5 each arm (don't know what happened there..)

10 Kg x 12 each arm

push ups, wide(ish)

x10

x20

x30

few minutes with grip trainer

warmed up with a few songs on the drums which did nothing in cheering me up :/

back in the gym on monday, depending on what's in use I'm either hitting a 125 Kg deadlift or an 80 Kg bench, I wont leave until I get at least one of them!

Okay good

Right so I'm unable to get to the gym today and am looking after my little bros in the evening so I'll have to train from home in about an hours time. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Think it'll end up being

Pull ups 4/5 sets of 2 reps with 10 second holds

Hammer curls 4 or 5 sets

Press ups 3/4 sets

Barbell rows, light weight high reps 4/5 sets

Bare in mind I only have a pull up bar and an awful barbell that can only fit 35kg on it plus 2 dumbbells

You could use the barbell and just do everything one-handed (upper body) or one-legged (lower)! That will make it a bit tougher!

I was in a slightly off mood until I saw your Hobbit photo !!

Hahaha glad you liked it! Went to the cinema as charlottes (my girlfriends) brother works there and helps host quiz nights, they were doing a hobbit themed quiz so we dressed up :P one of the teams playing was called "2 dwarves one challice" hope you get that hahahaha

Asparagus. That's a pretty good idea man thanks, next time I get stuck at home I'll give it a try, I really need to invest in a decent set up, but its gonna set me back at least 300 quid and I'm a poor student baha

New years resolution: stop being a pussy, follow a decent training programme and stick to it. Start buying decent equipment bit by bit each month to train effectively at home, start implementing a bit of cardio after my workouts.

So I've got one more week at college until christmas/new year break which means I have one more week at the gym until january. I've calculated the percentages of my current maxes and written out what I need to do for the first four weeks. I'm following jim wendlers 5/31, and I'm stoked! Shout out to mini forklift for the ebook and for all the inspiration for the past few months

gyms closed from now until 7th january ahhhhh

right so this is the sort of thing i'll be doing until then. almost all bodyweight

squats

x10

x20

x30

pistol squats (per leg)

x5

x10

x15

squat jumps

x5

x10

x15