My Stronglift 5x5 LOG

Welcome back capfit! how was your time away?? Personally I would just continue from where you left off, one week wont have done any harm in fact you'll be all rested up and ready to go so nail it mate

from December 21st-January 7th I wont be able to use my gym which is a two week break, but I feel like I need it anyway, gonna train extra days and go a bit heavy to make up for it!

are you filming your session tonight??

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15/12/12

WEEK 8 WORKOUT #20 B

SQUATS

Bar x 10

8 x 27kg

5x47 kg

5x5x72kg

3 times during my set for Squats i thought this is it i am not doing anymore but somehow just pushed myself and finished my 5x5 .

Overhead Press

Bar x 10

1x5x22 kgs

1x5x27kgs

5x5 x 37 kg

Deadlift

1x5x57 kgs

1x5x77 kgs

1x5x87 kgs

This felt great , lifting 7kgs more than my bodyweight definitely feels good , i did get a video too for today but have to pack for tomorrow's flight so no time to upload .

Overall Really heavy workout today so i wonder if 3 days of squats a week is getting too much now with the increasing weight . I am leaving again to Bangalore for 4 days so next workout will be after 4-5 days only , but maybe i will use the hotel gym for some light workouts .

Welcome back capfit! how was your time away?? Personally I would just continue from where you left off, one week wont have done any harm in fact you'll be all rested up and ready to go so nail it mate

from December 21st-January 7th I wont be able to use my gym which is a two week break, but I feel like I need it anyway, gonna train extra days and go a bit heavy to make up for it!

are you filming your session tonight??

Time off was good , the job takes me away so cant do much about it but no complaints . I did film my session but have to pack for another trip so cant upload it now , how are your sessions going on ?

Hello guys its been a long 5 days i have been out of action , couldn't do any workout in gym , did get some time to swim once and few game of table tennis but that was all . Now what i am thinking is that i only have 2 days this week that i can workout that is Fri and Sat , Sun the gym is closed and Mehdi says we shouldn't do 2 workouts together so i am thinking is tomorrow i will do my workout A Squats , Bench and Rows . And on Saturday i will do Workout B without Squats that is OHP and DeadLifts . That way i will have 2 workout sessions this week .

Nice work on the deads, they're coming up nicely. Just see how you go with the squatting, 3 days a week might take your body a little time to adjust to squatting with that much frequency.

Where are you off to now, business or pleasure?

Well this trip and the previous one were both business . I am an Airline Pilot by profession so end up going for layovers once in a while , luckily i am still positioned in Delhi my hometown but in a month or so i will be posted to Kolkata and i wonder how easy it will be to work out there .

I did my Squats today but will just do the OHP , DEADS and the Barbell Rows i missed today for tomorrow's workout .

Yes mate the job is real fun i have just joined so i am starting at the bottom of the pyramid i.e the Junior most in the cockpit but its all fun .

I'l try and figure out how to put my Facebook link in my Signature so i can share some pictures with you .

21/12/12

WEEK 9 WORKOUT #21 A

SQUATS

10xBar

8x27kgs

5x37kgs

5x53kgs

5x5x74.5kgs

I needed some support in the last set not much but just a little so that i dont lockout in the bottom position . These are really killing me i take good 30 mins to finish with just squats , I have no idea how will i do linear progression for 5 more weeks grrrr

BENCH PRESS

10xBar

10x27kgs

5x37kgs

5x5x54.5kgs

Instead of the required 2.5kg Increment from my previous workout i went up by 5 kg and i pulled it off

Next week i'l reach my First goal which i set when i started , that was to have a 20kg plate each side of the bar .

BENT OVER ROWS

Couldn't do them today as i was out of steam and time by the time i finished above so i plan on doing them tomorrow with DEadlifts instead of doing Squats i wll add them . Shouldn't be too much on by back i hope Barbell Rows and DeadLifts together .

I am happy with the progress i mean the squats do take the hell out of me in terms of effort but i still haven't stalled and next workout i will meet my Initial Squats goal as well that is 30kgs Weight each side of the barbell and that would be my BodyWeight Squat .

22/12/12

WEEK 9 WORKOUT #22 B

Back to Back to Stonglifts workout are killer indeed but well have to squeeze them in somehow when you dont get enough time .So here's my today's log .

No SQUATS as i just did 5x5 of my new PB yest

Overhead Press

10xBar

10x27kgs

5x7.5kgs

5x5x39.5kgs

I had to get a spot to assist my last two sets , i almost went off balance in the last set with the barbell overhead ( That was a scary feeling ) but tightened my gut got the body in balance and finished it .

Pendlay ROWs

No Warmups on this one

5x5x54.5kgs

DEADLIFTS

5x57kgs

3x67kgs

3x77kgs

1x5x92kgs PB

I guess i did screw with my form a little bit on this , will put up a video by today for the same , as in when i was getting up i could actually feel my shoulders curling inward to lift the weight and not up and back .

Overall it was a good workout considering i just did heavy squats a day before i managed to achieve all my goals for the session , as for as OHP i have decided to increase the weight next time but just keep a spot around to get done with the nasty last rep or two .

I am planning to get some Whey Protein as a christmas gift to myself will start with it in January. i am already at the peek of all my lifts so i am happy the year is ending on a good note here , i am definitely stronger than ever before but its a long journey before i sit back and relax .

CHeers !

25/12/12

WEEK 10 WORKOUT #23 A

No Squats today as i will workout again tomorrow and will do them tomorrow .

Bench Press

10xBAr

5x37kgs

5x47kgs

5x5x57kgs

Pendlay Rows

Few Warmup sets

5x5x57kgs

So overall i am happy with today's workout , Bench Press looks like its just about to stall soon , i was having a little hard time towards the last one or two reps but i still pulled through .

Tomorrow's gonna be nasty Squats and Deads !

Edited by captfit

hi all , hope all you guys had a good Christmas . I am just back from short vacation from GOA , place with amazing beaches

Anyhow as you guys can see from my Log i have only done 3 workouts last 3 weeks which sucks add to it unmanaged eating . Now with temperatures going so low i really need to get as much motivation i can get and get towards my goal lifts .

I wanted to share my new years resolution in terms of lifting , I will ontinue focusing on Strength Training till i reach following goals :-

Bench Press - 80 kgs

Squats - 100 kgs

Deadlifts - 125 kgs

OHP - 60 kgs

BodyWeight Chins 1x10

Parallel Bar Dips 1x10 ( with a 5kg dumbbell atleast )

So i hope all of you will be with me in this coming year motivating me , guiding me to reach my goals as soon as possible so i can move to bigger goals .

CHEERS

Edited by captfit

31/12/12

WEEK 11 WORKOUT #24 B

SQUATS

8XBar

5x37kgs

5x57kgs

5x67kgs

3x5x77kgs PB

OHP

10xBar

8x25kgs

5x5x40kgs

DEADLIFT

5x67kgs

2x87kgs

1x97kgs PB

I was to do 5 reps of Dead with 97kgs but my grip failed me so dint push to hard , will do them again coming Friday so will nail them then .

Happy New Year to all my friends

Edited by captfit

Hi, I have read all your log and your progress are really impressive, particularly in december !

I have grip problem too, and I train it with shrug and farmer's walk. Maybe you can try it...

I will continue to follow your log. Nice work !

Hi, I have read all your log and your progress are really impressive, particularly in december !

I have grip problem too, and I train it with shrug and farmer's walk. Maybe you can try it...

I will continue to follow your log. Nice work !

Thank you so much for the appreciation , December has been a little slow as you can see from the dates i am not getting chance to workout regularly but even i am happy with all my lifts i guess because of the extended rest between workouts i have been able to get to new PR's continuously without stalling as of yet .

You are most welcome to check in and chat

Cheers

Happy New Year / Happy Lifting

02/01/13

WEEK 11 WORKOUT #25 A

SQUATS

10XBar

8x37kgs

5x57kgs

5x67kgs

3x5x80 kgs

I had to use the help of Spot towards the end of last 2 sets so i am thinking i will work out again with the same weight next time .

BENCH PRESS

10xBar

10x37kgs

8x47kgs

5x5x 59.5kgs

Again i needed spot to help me get through the last few reps towards the end of the workout so i will repeat this weight next time as well .

Pendlay Rows i will do next workout .

Edited by captfit