HI!! New to site and vegan...HELP!!

Maggiejix

I am so glad that I have found this site!! I've been recently diagnosed with an illness and I need to reduce the acid levels in my body. Animals products have very high acid levels and I need to restore my system to a more balanced pH level. I've been told that going vegan, I would sacrifice muscle. I am a figure competitor and I had hoped to compete again in June. So any helpful hints that you can give would really be appreciated!

First of all welcome aboard we're all a friendly bunch!

Whoever told you that going vegan would mean you would sacrifice muscle lied to you big time.. Is it dietary advice that you're after? If so then on the main site there are some fantastic articles and ideas, there are some much highly qualified people here on the forums that will be happy to help too! All the best

Ross

If you do a quick google search for acid / alkaline levels there are lots of scales that pop up showing which foods are at which levels of acid and alkaline. You are correct that meat is very acidic but also so are some non meat items like soy protein isolate is extremely high. Thats like the soy meat products that come packaged in the freezer section like garden burgers and things like that.

Welcome to the group,

-Dylan