Raw food by percentage

mythil

Okay so I have a lot of questions that I post from time to time. I have been a vegan for a while but the raw aspect still confuses me from time to time.

I heard that you only really need to eat a 75% raw diet to be considered a raw vegan (or eater in general), what are peoples thoughts on that?

I still steam tofu/tempeh, sweet potatos, corn and things that need to be cooked.. I haven't got used to or succeeded sprouting yet..

Okay so I have a lot of questions that I post from time to time. I have been a vegan for a while but the raw aspect still confuses me from time to time.

I heard that you only really need to eat a 75% raw diet to be considered a raw vegan (or eater in general), what are peoples thoughts on that?

I still steam tofu/tempeh, sweet potatos, corn and things that need to be cooked.. I haven't got used to or succeeded sprouting yet..

I wouldn't worry about it.

Raw foods diets are not based on any kind of scientific research whatsoever.

"Percent of diet raw" isn't even defined

percentage of calories consumed?

percentage of food weight consumed?

percentage of food volume consumed?

percentage of number of meals consumed?

Take your pick, it isn't based on anything.

Read reliable vegan nutrition information ( see my sig ), make sure you are getting everything you need regardless of wear it comes from and don't worry about what is raw.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Raw foods diets are not based on any kind of scientific research whatsoever.

"Percent of diet raw" isn't even defined

percentage of calories consumed?

percentage of food weight consumed?

percentage of food volume consumed?

percentage of number of meals consumed?

Take your pick, it isn't based on anything.

Read reliable vegan nutrition information ( see my sig ), make sure you are getting everything you need regardless of wear it comes from and don't worry about what is raw.

Not bad, I was going to be using it to cut a bit more fat while still working out.

Eat foods however they are best going to be used for each meal. Some veges are great raw & cooked. It depends on the dish. One you mentioned that you cook, I love eating raw - sweet potatoe. Love it in slices, slivers for dipping or chunks in a salad. But I also love it steamed or boiled & mashed.

Just eat healthy! That's my goal for this year.