My first post...

MarginWalker79

hi! i'm 26yrs old and i just started lifting about 8 months ago. i lift about 4-5 times per week. i started out at 140lbs (i'm 5'9") and now i'm up to 150lb. i'm happy with my results so far but i hope to add another 10-15lbs and get more cut. i've been active my whole life, i still play competitve soccer so that keeps my cardio in check big time. i'm not a vegan but i've been a vegetarian (no meat, poultry or fish) for 11 years now. any and all help with lifting would be appreciated.

thanks!

Brett

Hey Brett,

Welcome to the group!

Post questions anytime man. Check out the posts so far under the fitness and training and bodybuilding and get some good info there.

Feel free to explore the main site at www.veganbodybuilding.com as well, which is full of information and motivation.

This Forum is the best part of the website because it includes so many people and you can get a variety of opinions and ideas of what has worked for other people from all different backgrounds.

Take care, I'm out the door now.

Robert

thanks guys! ya eat as much/often as i can. that's my big problem. i have to work on that big time. i am/was fairly skinny (5'9", 140, now 150) and without any bodyfat really. lifting has gotten me a bit bigger. a year from now will i see a big difference? i want to A. get bigger and B. get cut. (i think that's most people's goal right?) but it's hard because of how much i intake. how do i make sure to eat "a lot" everyday? i eat breakfast, i can't eat too much, it's just me in the morning. lately i've been trying to have a 32oz shake for breakfast. then there's lunch, then dinner. that's about it. maybe a snack or shake later. how do you make yourself just eat more? sorry if this should be in another forum.

if you train hard, and eat right, you can most definately be big and cut.

you will see a big difference.

I started out at 140lbs, and I am now up to 167lbs and still gaining. its possible for us skinny guys to bulk up.

I too was a soccer player (of 10 yrs in the local league)

post your "bulking up...what to eat?" type questions in the "HEALTH AND NUTRITION" forum, and I and many others will be happy to answer your questions about your diet.

Yeah, I played soccer for about 10 years, too. I really miss it and wish it were a bigger professional sport in the United States.

Congratulations on getting up to 150! I just hit that mark and started at 5'10" and 134 at the beginning of the summer. You'll do great!