Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hello from Belgium
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:48 am 
Finch

Hello, my name is Michaël and i'm 29 years old. I live in Belgium.

I stopped eat meat in february 2011 (near two years). I tried before when i was 16, but i just did it for 6 month. At this age, i hadn't the knowledge in nutrition and there was no internet, and all people said me it was not good to do this. And after 6 month i stopped. But I always felt in myself that it is not good to eat animals when it is not necessary (survival, no choice...).
But this time, i had all that I need to be a vegan and I know what to eat to stay in good health. And I can say, it is not so hard ! Just some habits to change... And since some months, i stopped to eat fish, milk ans eggs too. Not difficult for me because when I stopped meat, I nearly stopped fish, milk ans eggs too. I just eat them when I went to restaurant or to a friend's diner. And I eat the more possible organic food. And for my training, i don't eat protein shake or else, just good food.

In sport, i started "savate" (french boxing) when i was 18 and go to muay thai when I was 23. From 27 to 29 I did'nt do any sport cause my club has closed. I just did some jumping rope, running, push up, chin up and bodyweight squat sometimes, but really not often. So in October 2012, i decided to do another sport (maybe the fear to go to my 30 years xD), and I choose strenght training, cause I have been always interested in it, but doesn't have time and energy to do it when i was boxing. And after, nearly 3 month of training, I can say I love that !

There is no good gym in my town, just fitness gym with machines and not even a power rack. And as I don't like to train on machine, i buy cheap barbells, dumbells and 90Kg (198 lbs) weight to train at home in my garage. And now i am sure to love strenght training and I want to continue. So in two or three month, I will buy a Power rack and olympic barbell, and two 2" thick dumbells + weight. Here is for my small "sport" history. I note all my workout, and i think I will start a log on this forum to keep motivation, cause sometimes it is hard to train always alone. My friends don't want to train with me, they don't love sport...

I would say thanks to this site (and others), because it's a good motivation and information source to people. And it also shows to people that we can build the same muscles and strenght in being vegan ! (and in better health form body to mind, my thinking)

**Sorry for my poor knowledge in english, I hope that all is understandable ;)

Mika :wink:

Post subject: Re: Hello from Belgium
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:58 pm 
Elephant

Hello and welcome to the forum my friend. I hope you enjoy your time here. :mrgreen: Thanks for sharing your background and story. Congrats on the going vegan and reaping the benefits of a heart healthy, plant strong and compassionate way of living 8)

Have fun setting up your home gym. It sound like it is going to be awesome!! Oh and your english is a OK!

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:49 pm 
VBB Moderator

Hi Mika, welcome to the group. I also have found this site to be very motivational. It totally can be frustrating not having a gym nearby that you are satisfied with, I hear you there. Amazing what you can do at home with some basic weights though. Where in Belgium do you live?

-Dylan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:49 am 
Finch

Hi, thanks for the welcome ;) I live in Arlon.