Vegan Curious

Cown

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Beautiful dog, she's lovely. I still miss my one even 6yrs on.

They're like having a kid and a best friend all in one, I think it's normal to miss them endlessly. I have to go through other people saying goodbye to their pets all the time, but I've never had to. It's a devastating thought.

What kind of dog did you have?

Scooby, a fox terrier. My best buddy and running partner. He got knocked over by a car when he was about 20 months old, he died about a minute after being hit. He was still alive when I reached him, died in my arms so I would have been the last thing he saw

That's awful = ( I'm so sorry.

I started my saturday at work with a devastated owner who's only dog was killed by a car...The driver was texting as she came around a corner, the dog's leash had snapped so he was loose. The driver actually stopped and got out, though still texting, yelled at the owner, then drove away. I don't understand what's wrong with people.

No gym so far this week I'm getting my ass kicked by a cold, but I'm improving quite quickly thanks to some fantastic meds, so I'm hoping either friday or saturday to get back in there.

Diet is going straight to hell, though. Clients are bringing in absurd amounts of goodies for us...thing like homemade toblerone/caramel cheesecake. How is that even fair?? haha The miror doesn't like these foods, but my stomach is extremely happy.

No gym for me yet I'm still sick, but thankfully it's more in my chest now than in my head. Whether my body likes it or not, I'm going tomorrow before work. A week off is more than I care to tolerate lol

Had my annual christmas outting with my friend and her husband, with my boyfriend being the new addition. Great time...had an awesome dinner, then watched Christmas Vacation while having cookies and baileys/hot chocolate.

Tonight I'm actually cooking (extremely rare occurance) dinner since my grandpa is coming down for the night. Veggie chili is what's on the menu for the evening

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Awesome (well, awesome as compared to recent) workout yesterday. I woke up at 4:30am (2hrs ago), rolled over and smiled because it hurt me to do so haha then went back to sleep for an hour.

I did basically what I've been doing for a while, but added in tricep extensions and I attempted assisted pull ups again. It was really, really weak, but I was doing wide grip (which I've never been good at). It's a start, anyway.

I also altered my middle bench set to 3 down, 1 up. I had to only do the middle set because it hurt too much lol I figure doing all sets in that format is a good goal because I'm not sure I'm ready to increase weight.

Last night after work I spend my time wrapping Xmas presents, but my four legged children were plotting against me. My female cat kept claiming everything as her bed, and my pup decided that she should have all of my attention. She was being very puppyish last night lol it was adorable

have you ever done negative only sets for pull ups? i find them good for increasing the amount of pull ups i can do! my friend couldnt do one pull til she started doing negatives and building up reps of those and progressed onto to pull ups then!

Never tried, no. I used to be able to increase reps fairly regularly with just doing normal pull ups...I've just gotta be patient now until I build up the strength again. I was using the gravitron yesterday and lifting only about 60% bw, so I'll gradually work my way up from there...Once I progress to unassissted pull ups I may try doing only negatives as a way to ease myself into it. I've actually been worried about that switch lol so this could prove quite useful.

Just got a letter - they couldn't even call and tell me - saying that my arthrogram is booked for June. So I get to go another 6 months like this without knowing what's wrong and just hope that this test will show what's wrong with me, and only after that can I even contemplate a solution. What an awful end to an awful week.

Chin up Sam, stay positive. Yeah that's a shitty time for the letter to arrive but on the plus side you have 6 months of technically being able to try and forget about it.

Just past midnight here, Christmas Day now. Hope you have a great holiday ~ go easy on the drink and cake (I know how you like both hahahaha). Take care MF.

Chin up Sam, stay positive. Yeah that's a shitty time for the letter to arrive but on the plus side you have 6 months of technically being able to try and forget about it.

Just past midnight here, Christmas Day now. Hope you have a great holiday ~ go easy on the drink and cake (I know how you like both hahahaha). Take care MF.

Unfortunately, I have to many reminders of the issue, but I appreciate the optimism

I didn't have any cake! lol several cookies though...and pie. I got shit from my friends because I wasn't drinking, suppose I'll have to make up for it over new years. Heading out tomorrow to a friend's cottage for a few days, about 20 of us will be there. I haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks though...I was hoping to get there today, but between unpacking/re-packing, seeing my cats, meeting the boyfriend's friends, and getting sick AGAIN, I'm not to sure I'm going to make it...*sigh* Maybe tuesday/wednesday. *fingers crossed*

I (thankfully) got to the gym yesterday, chest is quite sore today Shoulder held up quite well, hips didn't like pull ups or cable rows, but other than that I'd say it was a decent session. I managed to get out 3 sets on bench going 3 down, 1 up, even though the last few weren't so powerful on the way up haha.

The only thing I had to adjust was for triceps..I did cable pull downs (3 sets), then went to do kickbacks and could only get 2 sets before both shoulders started crackling/popping, so I did one set of extensions instead of the third set of kickbacks. Triceps are definitely sore today.

Heading out soon to my friend's cottage...can't wait!

Happy new year, all!

you might want to check out my blog I blog about raw vegan, 811 diet. and my youtube channel is brilliantou. or my blog is you can find it under my signature,

I don't have time atm to take a look through, but I definitely will once I'm back mid-week. Thanks for stopping by!

• 2 weeks later...
Secretly you must still be kicking butt I bet

lol I'm trying, anyway. Not sure that I'm being too successful at it, though. Not sure where my head has been at lately, or why I haven't been on here. I mostly just sleep and work, and sleep some more. How tired I've been has me a little worried, so I'm getting myself on a multi vitamin and trying to get my protein intake back up where it should be. Here's hoping that does the trick.

I have been getting back into the gym regularly as of late, and I figured out a fixed schedule to make sure it stays that way. Depending on the gym I'm in, I've been able to start benching more than just the bar (thank god!), but as I learned today, using more than 5lb for lateral shoulder raises still doesn't work very well. One thing at a time, I guess lol.

As far as my hip issues go, I got a call offering an earlier date for my arthrogram, which is awesome. I still have to wait another 4 months for it, but that's better than the expected 5.

Hope everyone is keeping well!