turning mrbear into a mountain!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finished work at 11.50am today got paid, washed and polished my car inside and out, put loadsa new parts on my bike, off till jan the 4th now, plenty of mountain biking in the next week and a half think! happy bear!

Very productive, enjoy the time off!

haha dunno pal, alot of everything i think apart from fat......1cup brown rice (before cooking) 4baked potatoes, 1 tin of heinz 5 bean. my mum got me that plate for christmas cuz i always have 2 or 3 plates for my meals! its awesome nearly as big as a 44lb disc haha

i managed to battle the urge to go out for a few lime and soda waters tonight and stayed in and trained like a man!

bench press

2 sets 20kg bar 50 reps on both sets

1 set 20 reps 40kg

1 set 10 reps 60 kg

10 sets of 1 rep 90kg <--- this may seem like a strange thing to do as its not my 1 rep max weight, but it seems to work for increasing my weights without putting a huge amount of pressure on my old injury, i have about 30 secs between sets.

im also stopping doing things such as curls etc and just stick to bench, rows, chins, millitary press and forearm work, i seem to be making better progress in the mirror by doing just the heavier stuff.

so in the new years ill be doing probably 2-3 weights workouts a week and as much cardio as i feel like. as the weather improves ill be doing alot more cycling but not as much as in 2012 because of the weight training becoming serious again.

im off to bed now as my cycling buddy wants to do 50miles tomoro morning again, i dont so might try get it down to 30

so happy new year to everyone, hopefully it will be healthy, injury free, productive and fun year for all!