Mythil's training log, doing it right.

Oh lord I've been farting around way too much as of late, from being ill to injury and just being a little unmotivated here and there. Well for the run up to December and up over the new year I'm going to be much harder on myself. Watch this space for updates as I'll be doing them bit by bit.. Now where is my camera..

A lot of my diet isn't planned, so to speak. I was trying to do that but, erg, I hate planned stuff.

I will be juicing a lot of stuff to:

A) Get it into my system quick

B) Need to cut a bit more weight so why not do it at the same time.. Well it's possible

C) I'm lazy.. I can cook really well but since I eat most vegetables meals raw I might as well just blend it.

I will also be taking pea protein isolate and fine oats twice a day.

Edited by mythil

Well there is something going on. I've managed to loose a bit more fat which means some measurements have dropped a little as muscle is slowly replacing fat.

However, my upper arms (flexed) have grown by half an inch! Which I am currently enjoying

Well there is something going on. I've managed to loose a bit more fat which means some measurements have dropped a little as muscle is slowly replacing fat.

However, my upper arms (flexed) have grown by half an inch! Which I am currently enjoying

Nice work

Yea nothing every comes slowly for me, it's all in bursts or nothing >.>

Tell you what though, trying to eat enough is a pain

• 4 weeks later...

Well back to training proper tomorrow.

Christmas and new year have been a real bitch, seeing family, other half, friends and getting stuck on trains for hours... Luckily I've only put on 5lbs over Christmas. My family aren't really up on the vegan thing so I was mostly eating TVP and so on.

• 3 weeks later...

I changed the workout around a bit. Mostly because I was getting tired before I got to kendo. While I felt great at the gym I was too tired after to be any good. So I took Wednesday out for extra rest time.

I do need to loose a little more fat. It's annoying that my stomach (what's left of it) just wont disappear.

• 1 month later...
How has your training been going? The snow must be melted by now right? Have you been back in action?

-Dylan

Yeap, I've had an illness followed by a concussion which didn't help. I'm not sure what to do right now but I'm going to stick with the 5x5 workout.

Getting strong bit by bit but not really building much muscle or loosing as much fat as I would like (I'm not fat but my stomach always hangs around removing any definition I may have)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Very cool, interested to see how you get on. How come you have decided to run more?

Endurance really. I do Wing Chun and Kendo, despite the muscle fatigue (why I don't want BIG arms as it can make your arms more tired in Kendo) it's a very cardio based sport. Lots of long duration fights. Think of it like a HIIT exercise. Fight one guy in a sword fight, move on directly to the next one. By the last few guys I'm so tired my forms totally off.

When it comes to the body, right now I would rather bit "fit" and "tight" than big

Here's an example of one of the forms of training we do. You end up doing this fast, while shouting and MORE THAN ONCE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5r7vhif1Gs

• 2 months later...

I've soo been neglecting this.. Just been really busy and I have a mind that can only store a handful of things in it.. Anyway, I got a white cane for walking, should help me not fall over in the street and hurt myself so much.. Also I swap my routine around every few months to keep myself interested in what I'm doing. Here is what I'm currently doing

Monday

Pecs Incline Barbell Bench Press

15, 8, 8, 6 60-90 sec

Pecs Flat Barbell Bench Press

15, 8, 8, 6 60-90 sec

Pecs Dip

15, 8, 8, 6 60-90 sec

Pecs Barbell Pullover

15, 8, 8, 6 60-90 sec

Running: 20 minutes

Tuesday

Quads Barbell Squats

15, 8, 8, 6 60-90 sec

Quads Front Barbell Squat

15, 8, 8, 6 60-90 sec

Quads Sumo Deadlift

15, 8, 8, 6 60-90 sec

Hamstrings

Barbell Stiff-Legged Deadlift

15, 8, 8, 6 60-90 sec

Running 20 minutes

Thursday

Delts Barbell Military Press

15, 8, 8, 6 60-90 sec

Delts Barbell Upright Row

15, 8, 8, 6 60-90 sec

Delts Barbell Clean and Press

15, 8, 8, 6 60-90 sec

Friday

Lats Pull-up

15, 8, 8, 6 60-90 sec

Lats Bent-Over Barbell Row

15, 8, 8, 6 60-90 sec

Lower Back Barbell Deadlift

15, 8, 8, 6 60-90 sec

Add on Wing Chun and Kendo classes that's a lot of activity. I had to give up riding a bike for the reasons at the top of this post.

Eating wise, I cracked how to cook shallow fried Tofu though I still prefer Tempeh.. Though I usually drink vegetable/fruit juice for one day, eat normally the next day..

Currently 6 foot, 178 lbs and since it's summer in the UK I'm sweating like a pig.