Dylan Kasprzyk's Brooklyn Training Journal

C.O.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

weigh-in #2 for the gain vs loss competition is this saturday. Its not going super well for either of us. I am up 2 or 3 lbs and she is actually up a couple lbs. So I am likely going to win the bet but fail at my personal goal of gaining 10 lbs by a few.

Weigh-in day (Wish me luck...or um weight). Trying to make this vegan carpaccio get in some extra water weight from the soup before my weigh-in haha.

Arms, shoulders and chest today after weigh-in. Hopefully catch some football, should be good Ravens vs Broncos.

Well I gained one more lb and she lost one more so I was still in the clear for the total and won the bet.

Played organized outdoor soccer for the first time in about a year Saturday. It was really fun but I over-did it. 2.5 hours out in the fairly cold weather, my unconditioned legs were feeling it. Actually I am still sore 2 days later. I had a scary moment where someone fell with all their weight stepping on my foot/ankle. I walked it off and continued to play and thought I was fine. 2 hours after the games were over it swelled up, I could barely walk. But a couple days of icing it and it feels 85% back already.

Today back in the gym for arms, back, and shoulders. Then some needed hot tubbing.

Picked up some farro, do any of you eat this stuff?

-Dylan

Congratulations on the win! lol

I remember that pain from someone stepping on your ankle with cleats..I never got it so bad that I couldn't walk, though. How's it feeling now? My worst soccer injury was a hairline fracture in my wrist...caused by my friend in a practice warm-up of all times haha She's still quite proud that she kicked a ball hard enough to do that (I was the keeper).

Cown- Pride in injuring someone hahaha, humans, we are so strange. Thanks for checking in, actually im okay, the swelling went away after 2 days and I don't seem to have any remaining damage or lack of mobility.

MF- Well the weekend is almost over, got a bonus MLK day which is great. Friday I went to a ballroom dance competition, my gf competes but we just went to watch this time. Saturday was my friends bday so there was some drinking involved haha. I also hit the farmers market and a serious yoga class earlier in the day. I haven't done yoga for a long long time and my gf is new to it but she decided it'd be great to join her co-worker in an advanced class. Haha we got destroyed. It was two hours long of me not being flexible enough and sweating my ass off. But I felt great afterwards. Sunday we are baby sitting a hedgehog so now we have a boy and a girl here but we arent letting them hang out together haha, and then I worked sunday night too. Today I'm getting some work in, a mild workout, applying to some jobs, tonight I'm going to a private concert, its pop-country which isnt really my thing but I met the singer and she invited me out and I love live music so we'll see. I youtubed her she has a great voice if anyone is curious her name is Risa Binder.

Sounds like a busy weekend! You're much braver than I am jumping into an advanced yoga class...I want to try a class (I've only ever done yoga on my own) but I doubt I'll be so bold as to try advanced or hot yoga my first time out...Good on ya for jumping back into it with both feet! lol

hahaha. You 2 are amusing.

Getting my burpies on, advanced style with the high knees jump.

Got back up to the mountains this weekend for some more boarding.

Any good gnocchi recipes? Feeling sweet potato-y. I tried this new to me drink almond-coconut milk mixture. Not bad.

Soccer starts this coming Wednesday. Hoping the snowboarding and the couple of pick up games plus some gym time will help me out and least in some areas. My cardio probably won't be that great but that will just be forced to be better fast I guess.

hahaha. You 2 are amusing.

Getting my burpies on, advanced style with the high knees jump.

Got back up to the mountains this weekend for some more boarding.

Any good gnocchi recipes? Feeling sweet potato-y. I tried this new to me drink almond-coconut milk mixture. Not bad.

Soccer starts this coming Wednesday. Hoping the snowboarding and the couple of pick up games plus some gym time will help me out and least in some areas. My cardio probably won't be that great but that will just be forced to be better fast I guess.

Glad we can entertain! haha

Sounds like you've got a lot of cardio goin' on now..You're going to have to hold on tight to that newly added muscle!

Yeah its always a battle for me to hold weight. I like to stay active. New soccer season starts tonight!

Currently in the 3rd round of weight gaining vs losing with my gf. I won the first two but I am guessing she has an edge this month with all the cardio we are both doing.

Have any of you tried silken tofu? Its almost like a desert or a spread or something. I've been putting it on waffles.

• 2 weeks later...

What's happened in the past week... first two soccer games of the season. Game 1 we win blow out, I scored a nice goal, final score 5-1. Then I catch some sort of sick bug, i feel dizzy and headaches for 2 days. I tried to play game 2 anyway, I wasn't too much help although I did steal the ball off the keep and made an assist. Unfortunately we were badly out-played and I didnt have the strength or stamina to help out my team much. We lost game 2, 1-8. So apparently this new league is pretty unbalanced.

Feeling better just in time for some 12-18 inches of snow blizzard that is supposed to hit this weekend. Hoping to get a paid day off work and that the gym stays open for me during the storm because its in walking distance.

Things Ive been eating, lots of sweet baby bell peppers in this tomato basil hummus that is really great, less dry than most hummus'. Dried blag figs. Oh and satumas, we ate like lbs and lbs of those things recently. They are so easy to peel and so good its easy to devour 3lbs in one sitting.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright so we had a big tie tonight, sounds funny but my soccer team played the 2nd place team and we came back from 2-4 to tie 4-4. I had a long distance goal and 1 assist. So now we are 1-2-1 and middle of the pack I think 6th out of 10 teams but it was big because we have 2 weaker teams coming up in the next couple of weeks so we'll likely move up the rankings by the end of the regular season and head into the playoffs with confidence.

Made temphe tacos tonight (gluten free even, because my gf is giving that a try). They turned out really good, ill post the recipe in that section of the forum.

My insurance somehow screwed up some data and accidently cancelled my gym membership so I need to get the taken care of, hopefully asap.

weigh in challenge #3 is this Friday. I won the first 2 vs my gf but this one is bumped up to I need to gain 200% of whatever she can lose and I havent been in the gym for a week so this may be my first loss.

Thanks Karen. I won the weight bet, easily. She actually gained a lb and I gained 4 so I guess i win by 500%? So any advice on how to motivate her. Its her goal to lose weight but she doesnt seem to put any effort into it, even with a bet on the line. Its a sensitive subject, how can I motivate her with at her taking it as me being mean or critical?

Hey Dylan. I'd say "congratulations" on winning the bet, but under the circumstances, maybe you'd have rather not won it? I can completely relate to what you're saying. Weight loss is a very sensitive subject for me as well, and I think Robert would agree when I say that we've been in the same boat as you. The best thing you can do is be supportive and motivate her by doing physical activities together. Since Robert and I have been living together, I have lost weight because we have been going to the gym and exercising together. I just haven't had much motivation to go to the gym on my own, but when we go together, it's actually fun for me. Though I'm sure there are times when he would rather go on his own or do his own thing once we get there, the fact that we do the workout together and he acts as my cheerleader and motivates me and tells me "just two more, you've got it" and "good job" and says "look at those muscles" and "lookin' good, babe".... All those things really motivate me to keep going. But, definitely focusing on keeping your encouragement positive, rather than negative. I guess that's my 2 cents worth.

Thanks Karen, I appreciate the feedback.

Temporarily not having a gym membership is killing me. I'm losing motivation, hopefully ill get my insurance worked out soon. I've been eating a lot of fruit lately (bananas, mandarins, apples, and a lot of nuts cashews and almonds mostly).

Getting in push ups, planks, and some dumb bell work today from home.

So I cashed in my winning bet on dinner at Dirty Candy last night. Its a plant based restaurant, all vegetarian and all dishes can be made vegan (about half of them were originally vegan). Here is the link: http://www.dirtcandynyc.com/

There is a lot of hype about this place and I was at a cookbook release party where they had free samples that were really good so I was very excited about going last night. It was, meh. The menu didnt sound that interesting and we got the mushroom appetizer, and the corn entree and the cauliflower entree (they call everything by the name of the main ingredient). We also got the beet tiramisu with rosemary cotton candy, two glasses of white wines and one glass of non alcoholic wine (that was delicious). The non-alcoholic wine aka super fancy grape juice and the rosemary cotton candy were definitely the highlights of the meal. I wouldn't recommend this place though, maybe there was too high of expectations but I wasn't impressed at all.