Dedicated, but on a budget for school. Meal suggestions?

I've played around with many meal ideas for a couple of years now, but starting this year my income will be tighter than I'm used to and I would like to find options when bulking up and when cutting.

What meal suggestions would you guys have that could be cycled out so one doesn't get bored? I'm more than happy to make them all on Sunday and freeze them, or go out of my way and buy a blender or some such, if in the long run it saves more money and works out.

I know that Yves veggie ground round isn't always the cheapest, but when it goes on sale it is a GREAT deal.

A couple things I make in bulk with this would be Chilli, and Shephard's Pie.

For the shephard's pie, you can subsitute white for sweet potato, and add peas with the corn layer, and then pour mushroom gravy over everything before baking. Seriously, a batch of this is good for 5-6 meals, and packed with nutrition/protein.

I'm not sure where you live, but here in Canada you can get it at any grocery store. Look in the canned food section in the same area as the normal gravy.

Seriously though, pour a can of this over the bottom two layers, put the top layer ( potato ) and bake. The gravy is my (not so secret) ingredient that makes it an INSTANT hit with vegans and non vegans alike!

THis black bean soup is not pretty, but tasty and super easy to make and is very high protein. It even includes veggies (salsa). You'll need a blender. I leave out the sour cream ,tho I suppose if you really wanted you could use a vegan version of that.

Other bean soups or chili are good & cheap. Make big batches... you can freeze them so doing it bulk is less work in the long run.

I also recommend big batches of hummus.. to use on various wraps or as a base for a veggie pizza (on a pita crust).

Stir fries are nutritious and fast and easy to make, I use the veggie 'chicken' strips and only use about 1/4 of a pkg for each stir fry. I like to sprinkle peanuts or pumpkin/sunflower seeds on for extra healthy fats and protein. You could go with cashews.. but those are more expensive.

Granola with soy or almond milk is easy protein rich brkfst.. (some almond milks have more protein than others.. read the label).