Hello from the San Francisco Bay Area, CA

CA_CatWoman

Hi All,

I have been a vegan for about 10 years and was a vegetarian for 7 years before going vegan. I semi-jokingly say that I was destined to be vegan cause my (extended) family are farmers. As a child, I would go to their farms and fall in love with the animals on the farm. Finding out they were on your dinner plate the next winter was stomach-turning, to say the least.

I have always been very active and have lifted on and off since high school. In the last 2 years I have trained fairly seriously; I spend 2-3 hours per day working out (between weights and cardio) I usually do my cardio in the gym, but if I can swing it I would rather do a really hard hike or bike ride or rock climb or ... basically anything outside. I have found that I am just a nicer person when I work out every day.

I have been kickboxing more frequently in the last year and would like to learn more boxing / martial arts. I found this forum while searching for vegan boxing gloves. It was a really exciting discovery and am looking forward to being a part of a like-minded fitness community!

Stephanie

"The worst sin towards our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity."

~George Bernard Shaw

Hi Stephanie. Welcome to the group here! SF was my last home in between Oregon where im from and NYC where I live now. Good to see more members in the bay popping up.

Also that's great that you found this forum while searching for vegan boxing gloves. The world wide web sure takes us places, glad to see its continuing to bring like minded people here.

-Dylan