Hello from the UK....

jacobsknowsbest

Hi I'm Gareth, originally from Gloucester but living in a little village called Somerton in Oxfordshire at the moment.

I am a degree qualified, freelance mechanical design engineer and I currently work for a Formula One team desiging engine components.

I have been a vegan for about three months after trying a seven day vegan challenge, and was a veggie for about six years before that.

I have read Robert's book and find it to be a continuing source of motivation and inspiration.

I am by no means a body builder (very slim frame) but i am very into fitness, exercising, lifting weights, running (when its not raining!) and eating well and hope to up my game this year and start building a bit more plant made muscle!

My hope is that by building the most heathly version of myself people who have judged me to be a 'idiot' by starting a compassionate vegan lifestyle will be forced to change their views when they see what can be achieved!

I hope to be in contact with like minded peeps soon!

All the best

Gareth

Hi Gareth, Good to see more people from the UK! I used to live not too far from your neck of the woods as I worked in Bristol for a few years. Great news on going vegan. I decided to start weight training for the same reasons as you and try and dispel those stereotypes we are often given. I'm also new to this forum although ive been vegan for 10yrs. You'll find some great advice on here re: nutrition etc. Happy reading!

Hi Guys,

thanks for your posts, nice to hear from you!

She Ra, I also used to work in Bristol (and was born there), so that would make at least two Vegans from the 'West Country'!

I've had a good start to the year in terms of weight training, so hopefully I'll have some gains in the near future!

Gareth, welcome to the community. No matter how many times I hear from interesting people like you from all over the world that talk about how Robert's book has made a difference in their lives it never gets old. I grew up with the guy and am very proud to be his friend.

-Dylan