Hello!

belleadonna

Hi. I just found this site and joined up. First, a little history. I am a female, age 53. I have been lifting for about 12 years. I just do it for health and because I love it. I would like to see more definition though.

I was a vegan some 6 years ago and then gave it up out of boredom with the food. I should have stuck with it!! I am slowly transitioning back to it. I have already cut out all meat and eggs but still do a little dairy but precious little. I am slowly cutting out the bad stuff.

Even when I was eating meat and dairy, I would always try to eat organic and I never have been a fast food freak nor am I big on processed foods. I have a terrible time with sinuses and the first time I became a vegan, I never had a problem. I am dumber than dirt to ever go back to meat because I again suffer from severe allergies: headaches (sometimes migraine), watery eyes, sneezing, the whole mess.

I feel better when I eat only a vegan diet. I am 5'3 and about 142 lbs. I have way too much fat around the middle and seem to be spinning my wheels trying to lose fat. I am cutting down on my fat intake to about 20% to see if that will help. Most of my fat comes from flax oil and nuts (nut butters). Any suggestions ?? I lift 3 times a week and do cardio 2x a week. I can bench press 100 lbs and squat 245lbs.

Leslie

Welcome Leslie!

Great to have you on the forum! Thanks for the bio and for introducing yourself. You will feel at home here. We have a pretty awesome group!

Again, welcome aboard! Hope to see you on again soon.

Robert

Welcome, bella donna

Thank you for the detailed intro

The squat is really impressive!

Cool that you go back to vegan

To your question: i'd rather cut carbs than fat, but of course it depends on the amount and quality of the carbs you eat at the moment. If you already stopped eating sugar and refined carbs, you're good. Eating less carbs and more veggies and salads instead is a way to cut down bodyfat. Your exercise routine sounds good.

Have fun here,

Daywalker

Thanks for the welcome ya'll.

I do not eat sugary carbs. Never did have much of a sweet tooth to begin with. My carbs consist mostly of whole wheat pasta, brown rice, beans, veggies, and fruit. I love triscuits and homemade popcorn too but just as a treat once in awhile. I still drink coffee and I plan to taper off on that and just do de-caf but I only drink organic coffee.

I am not sure how many calories to do though. I am averaging about 1,400 to 1,500 per day and I am not hungry. Seems like I just stay the same. I just seem to stay in one spot and I am sick of it. HELP!!

Oops, just realized that I forgot to answer someone's question. I do deadlifts. Not sure what a 1rm is but I deadlift about 70lbs. Don't do it that much so I don't remember. I usually do upper body on Monday and Friday and lower body on Wednesday. Cardio and Abs on Tuesday and Thursday.

Bella,

Yes I do eat some cooked on occasion, but I limit it to foods that have the least amount of "processing". Potatoes and rice mostly. I try and stay away from pastas and breads, and never in large quantities. My diet consists of mostly fruits, then leafy greens and veggies, and finally, small quantities of nuts and seeds.

I couldn't live without rice. I love it. I also love pasta but try and keep it to once a week or less. Usually I get it if we eat out because it is hard to find vegan meals in a restaurant. I just made potato salad today with Vegenaise. Have you ever tried Vegenaise??

How much protein a day do you average? I get about 50 which is ok for my size I think. Do you have your typical meal plan jotted down anywhere for all the world to see? Like on here? I'd love to see it.