30/12/12

day nine of strong lifts 5x5

squats

40kg

bench

30kg

barbell row

40kg

squats were still solid,bench was a piece of cake and rows were feeling alot better after i tweaked my form.

on a side not sundays seems to be the day the gym turns into a gentlemans club, every one was polote, courteous and was one of my best gym experiences ever. even after doing a night shift and only having four hours sleep. all the meat heads must be nursing their hangovers still haha

just checked my numbers and although putting on 6lbs i have apparently lost 2.8% body fat, dunno how accurate those figures are (im a chronic self doubter, hense why i like to keep records) but they both seem to be going in the right directions. looks like 2013 is already off to a good start happy new year all.

02/01/123

day ten of strong lifts 5x5

squats

42.5kg

overhead press

27.5kg

deadlifts

60kg

squats are getting taxing but i think thats down to being tired, nailed overheads, just, and dead lifts were awesome, really wish i could do more. good start to the year.

so im thinking of throwing a cardio/core day in between weight days, is this a waste of time? im thinking of cable crunches, handing leg raises, weighted side bends and cable wood choppers, im thinking of using the same principles as 5x5 by doing high weight low rep, and slowly progressing each week, is this a good idea? any other recommendations? i hate doing crunches and just find em boring as hell. im not really one of thos guys obsessed with a six pack, i just want to strengthen my core to help with squats/deads, plus it gives me an excuse to get down the gym an extra time

05/01/13

day eleven of strong lifts 5x5

squats

45kg

bench

32.5kg

barbell row

42.5kg

squats were very ropey today but i held form and just managed it, bench is still a piece of cake and bent over rows were an absolute dream, first time ive actually enjoyed doing them, ive tweaked my form and realised my breathing was the wrong way round haha good solid reps after that and not a single bit of bounce so bloody proud of my self

Edited by klaatu21

Well I'm soon to be starting wendlers 5/3/1 which I'm stoked about, would recommend checking it out for when you finish stronglifts, obviously you'll need to ignore his dietary advice :P but yeah stronglifts should have you sorted till summer then? I'm gonna need to throw in a bit of cardio/eat a bit less towards may because I live on an island surrounded by beaches and I'm vain.. Haa! Hope your weekend is going smoothly dude!

Awesome, my e mail address is [email protected] really appreciate that, I have to admit I'm not doing this for vanity reasons but come summer I'm not gonna complain about going shirtless already worked out my nutrition and card for then, not particularly cutting just changing season, plus the amount of cycling I have planned, and I'm treating my self to rock climbing lessons for my b day I should be laughing

Edited by klaatu21