Compassion's Training Log!

Create and maintain your own personal online journal. Log your meals and/or workouts, and monitor your progress. Hold yourself accountable and receive support, suggestions, and be open to feedback.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

Message
Author
User avatar
Compassion
Manatee
Posts: 225
Age: 30
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:49 pm
Location: St.Catharines, Ontario

Compassion's Training Log!

#1 Postby Compassion » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:14 pm

Here it is, the one you've all been waiting for!! :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
-Evan

User avatar
Mini Forklift Ⓥ
VBB Moderator, Powerlifter & Ultrarunner
Posts: 3900
Age: 39
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:13 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand.
Contact:

Re: Compassion's Training Log!

#2 Postby Mini Forklift Ⓥ » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:17 pm

Kill it Evan, I am really looking forward to following your progress. You have already made some great gains in such a short amount of time, MF.
Image

User avatar
Mini Forklift Ⓥ
VBB Moderator, Powerlifter & Ultrarunner
Posts: 3900
Age: 39
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:13 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand.
Contact:

Re: Compassion's Training Log!

#3 Postby Mini Forklift Ⓥ » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:32 pm

Compassion wrote:I feel like your weight compared to what I see you lifting in your logs/videos isn't normal. Are you some sort of super human? I am more interested in strength/power over actual physical size. Do you have any tips for a brother?

Just have a good read through my journal on here, there's really no magic bullet so to speak. IMO it's all about consistency, training smart and making sure you have recovered well enough going into each workout.

You're just starting out, you should be able to make some great fast gains. After that stage slows down it's then that you need to work out the best approach for yourself so you can continue to develop in the areas you want to such as strength, hypertrophy, fat loss etc etc.
Image

User avatar
Compassion
Manatee
Posts: 225
Age: 30
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:49 pm
Location: St.Catharines, Ontario

Re: Compassion's Training Log!

#4 Postby Compassion » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:45 pm

Shoulder day!

Triset

Front Machine Press/ Dumbell Lateral Raises/ Bent-over Lateral Raises
Set1 30lbs x 12 15lbs x 12 15lbs x 10
Set2 40lbs x 10 15lbs x 10 15lbs x 10
Set3 45lbs x 8 20lbs x 8 15lbs x 10
Set4 50lbs x 6 20lbs x 6 15lbs x 10

Triset

Barbell Press(alternate front+back)/ Cable Side Lateral / Lying Incline Laterals
Set1 45lbs x 10 15lbs x 10 15lbs x 10
Set2 45lbs x 10 15lbs x 10 15lbs x 10
Set3 65lbs x 7 15lbs x 10 15lbs x 10
Set4 65lbs x 6 15lbs x 10 15lbs x 10

Triset

Standing incline barbell row / Front Barbell Raise / Dumbell Shrugs
Set1 50lbs x 12 25lbs x 10 40lbs x 15
Set2 50lbs x 10 25lbs x 10 40lbs x 15
Set3 70lbs x 10 25lbs x 10 55lbs x 10
Set4 70lbs x 8 25lbs x 10 55lbs x 10
Last edited by Compassion on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Evan

User avatar
Compassion
Manatee
Posts: 225
Age: 30
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:49 pm
Location: St.Catharines, Ontario

Re: Compassion's Training Log!

#5 Postby Compassion » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:46 pm

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Compassion wrote:I feel like your weight compared to what I see you lifting in your logs/videos isn't normal. Are you some sort of super human? I am more interested in strength/power over actual physical size. Do you have any tips for a brother?

Just have a good read through my journal on here, there's really no magic bullet so to speak. IMO it's all about consistency, training smart and making sure you have recovered well enough going into each workout.

You're just starting out, you should be able to make some great fast gains. After that stage slows down it's then that you need to work out the best approach for yourself so you can continue to develop in the areas you want to such as strength, hypertrophy, fat loss etc etc.



Awesome, I definitely will read through it all. Thanks!
-Evan

User avatar
Compassion
Manatee
Posts: 225
Age: 30
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:49 pm
Location: St.Catharines, Ontario

Re: Compassion's Training Log!

#6 Postby Compassion » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:11 pm

I have been slacking with writing my workouts, because we have been doing a routine from Arnold's book, and it is filled with so many supersets and tri sets to keep on top of it.

On a bright side, after doing 4 sets of 8-12 reps on flat bench, I managed to put up 165lb for 2 reps (personal best).
And with incline dumbell, after 4 complete sets of 8-12 reps, I hit 60lb dumbells for 4 reps! (another personal best)
-Evan

User avatar
Mini Forklift Ⓥ
VBB Moderator, Powerlifter & Ultrarunner
Posts: 3900
Age: 39
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:13 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand.
Contact:

Re: Compassion's Training Log!

#7 Postby Mini Forklift Ⓥ » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:35 pm

Great work on the PB's !!!
Image

User avatar
Compassion
Manatee
Posts: 225
Age: 30
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:49 pm
Location: St.Catharines, Ontario

Re: Compassion's Training Log!

#8 Postby Compassion » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:36 pm

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Great work on the PB's !!!



Thanks! I know it's not much, but it's still and improvement. I think I will benchmark my improvements every 2-3 weeks by testing max at the beginning of the workout to get more accurate results.
-Evan

User avatar
Compassion
Manatee
Posts: 225
Age: 30
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:49 pm
Location: St.Catharines, Ontario

Re: Compassion's Training Log!

#9 Postby Compassion » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:36 pm

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Great work on the PB's !!!



Thanks! I know it's not much, but it's still and improvement. I think I will benchmark my improvements every 2-3 weeks by testing max at the beginning of the workout to get more accurate results.
-Evan

User avatar
mrbear666
Elephant
Posts: 1389
Age: 31
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:51 am
Location: wales

Re: Compassion's Training Log!

#10 Postby mrbear666 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:34 pm

well done mate, good progress being made! :D
"iam the strongest one! iam the viking!" - jon pall sigmarsson
“may all of your dreams and ambitions happen, but most important, may all of your enemies die"
www.infowars.com

User avatar
vegan_rossco
Batman
Posts: 1632
Age: 27
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 6:15 am
Location: Isle of Wight, England

Re: Compassion's Training Log!

#11 Postby vegan_rossco » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:29 pm

sup man! :) Sorry I never actually gave you a welcome :/...good start dude, are you fairly new to training?
klaatu21 wrote:sensai ross, forgive me for doubting you and myself

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:There's only one thing I'm riding at 6am, and it's not a bike!

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=29098
http://www.facebook.com/ross.d.cosgrove

User avatar
Compassion
Manatee
Posts: 225
Age: 30
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:49 pm
Location: St.Catharines, Ontario

Re: Compassion's Training Log!

#12 Postby Compassion » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:16 pm

vegan_rossco wrote:sup man! :) Sorry I never actually gave you a welcome :/...good start dude, are you fairly new to training?


Thanks dude! I was training last year for a couple months, but due to a hockey injury I had to stop. I started back up on November 15th, and have been going hard ever since.

I also decided to hang up the skates for a bit, so to lower the risk of injury. I am loving every second in the gym!
-Evan

User avatar
Mini Forklift Ⓥ
VBB Moderator, Powerlifter & Ultrarunner
Posts: 3900
Age: 39
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:13 am
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand.
Contact:

Re: Compassion's Training Log!

#13 Postby Mini Forklift Ⓥ » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:21 pm

Compassion wrote:I think I will benchmark my improvements every 2-3 weeks by testing max at the beginning of the workout to get more accurate results.

Yep start of the workout is best and I would personally be suggesting to try your maxes maybe every 3-4 weeks rather than 2-3. They are pretty taxing on your CNS as well as the rest of your body :)
Image

User avatar
Compassion
Manatee
Posts: 225
Age: 30
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:49 pm
Location: St.Catharines, Ontario

Re: Compassion's Training Log!

#14 Postby Compassion » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:25 pm

Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
Compassion wrote:I think I will benchmark my improvements every 2-3 weeks by testing max at the beginning of the workout to get more accurate results.

Yep start of the workout is best and I would personally be suggesting to try your maxes maybe every 3-4 weeks rather than 2-3. They are pretty taxing on your CNS as well as the rest of your body :)


Good to know, and yeah that sounds good. Once a month is much better! :) Thanks!
-Evan

User avatar
C.O.
VBB Moderator
Posts: 3257
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:23 pm

Re: Compassion's Training Log!

#15 Postby C.O. » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:21 pm

I'm actually going to be doing your shoulder routine today. Thanks for posting.

-Dylan


Return to “Online Training Journals & Blogs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests