Crappy side profile needs help

Hi guys,

Maybe you can help me.

My front profile and back profile is starting to look much better these days but my side profile still looks... odd. I think. It is is so slim and arched. It doesn't look the way I see other guys looking and it pisses me off. Some things to know are that work out all my muscle groups equally Im not neglecting my back. Infact its one of my strongest areas. Also bear in mind I am an extremely hard gainer. I have only put on about 2 solid kg's in the last 3 months and that has been from HEAVY eating.

Does anyone else have a weak side profile and know what I can do to affect it?

Chris

Hi guys,

Maybe you can help me.

My front profile and back profile is starting to look much better these days but my side profile still looks... odd. I think. It is is so slim and arched. It doesn't look the way I see other guys looking and it pisses me off. Some things to know are that work out all my muscle groups equally Im not neglecting my back. Infact its one of my strongest areas. Also bear in mind I am an extremely hard gainer. I have only put on about 2 solid kg's in the last 3 months and that has been from HEAVY eating.

Does anyone else have a weak side profile and know what I can do to affect it?

Chris

Hi Chris, can you post up a photo? Would be much easier to offer advice that way

Also, if you say you are a hard gainer then a gain of 2kg over 3 months is actually really good. That would equate to 8kg/18lb over the course a year if you could keep going at that rate, bloody impressive if you ask me.

Thanks mate.

Below is a pic of my crappy side profile.

http://s9.postimage.org/fy9yjsu0v/ugly_back.jpg

Notice in the first image my shoulder blades still stick out unless I'm consciously holding them in. I work out my shoulders and back a lot and I can do more and better pull ups than anyone i know. I don't know why they look like this!!!

Then the second image is more what i was training to explain so how my whole back is s shaped and as a result my stomch sticks out. Obviously I can hold it in and it looks better but am i really supposed to believe every other guy is just sucking their tummy in all the time. I think it looks really ugly and I dont see other guys with this profile.

What do you think.

Chris

Agreed that an adjustment to posture will be helpful to changing the appearance as you'd like for your profile. Band pull-aparts and two handled rope cable face pulls will help with keeping shoulder blades in proper position and assist with posture. Videos here:

http://youtu.be/uQS-tXL1CLg

As for other factors to improve profile appearance -

1. More lower back work. You sound like you're doing plenty for upper back, but if you neglect the lower back, things will be out of balance. Deadlifts, good mornings, hyperextensions and reverse hyperextensions can all help out with that.

2. More chest size will alter appearances to reduce any distension of the belly area as well. Not that it's easy to add a lot of chest size, but every bit more added will balance things out.

3. More triceps size will obviously change the balance of the arm in relation to the torso as well.

I'd start with posture work first and put some time into the two exercises shown above (you can do them every often at the end of your workouts, or, just try to get them done at least 2x weekly). Nothing that can't be fixed with work, you've got a good, lean base, so it's just going to take some time!

• 2 weeks later...