Rossco's journal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to college today! Gonna study hard get on with it and race to the gym, I'm sure it'll be full of new years resolutioners and dickheads tonight :/

Starting 5/3/1 off with squats! My barbell should arrive today or tomorrow so deadlift/mili press day will be done at home and I'll probably video it too

First session of the year!

Jim Wendlers 5/3/1

SQUATS!! week 1

Warm up sets:

25 Kg x 8

45 Kg x 6

Working sets:

57.5 Kg x 5

67.5 Kg x 5

75.5 Kg x 7 was planning on going for 8 but wasn't so comfortable :/

leg press 4 sets 10-12 reps

leg curls 3 sets 10-12 reps

crunches

x20

x20

x15

looking forward to deads and mili on wednesday, hopefully from home and filmed

My internet in my house is down so I'll have to update via my phone! Also means I can't upload the video from today so I'll put it up asap.

5/3/1 week 1 workout 2

Deadlift and shoulder press

Warm up sets for shoulder press

20kg x 8

20Kg x 8

Working sets

30Kg x 5

35Kg x 5

40Kg x (5 or more) made it 10 reps

Deadlifts

This sucked.. I trained with my little brother who isn't too strong and my mate who isn't much better which meant it took ages between sets setting everything up.

Warm up sets

40Kg x 5

40Kg x 5

Working sets

72.5Kg x 5

82.5Kg x 5

92.5Kg x 5 (couldn't do anymore :/ you'll see how tough this looked in the video)

Chin ups

Had to pack up as I had loads of shit to do :/ will add more assistance next time

Oi captfit you cheeky bugger haha

Its proper complicated you basically work from percentages of a training max, week 1 is fairly light week 2 is heavier with lower reps week 3 is heavier with lower reps and then week 4 you deload with light weight. I've got a sheet of paper with everything I have to do for the next 4 months ha

Heres the video from yesterdays workout! pretty pointless tbh but I wanted to show off my new barbell, this is quite literally the worst set of deadlifts that I have ever performed.. My excuses are that the bar was all sweaty from everyone using it and also the fact that I did them after overhead pressing lol.. next wednesday I'll totally kill it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxOcn_k0pkY&feature=youtu.be