My Stronglift 5x5 LOG

5x5 at almost 60Kg is really strong mate! I'm so impressed with your progress how much longer are you following stronglifts for? any plans for what you'll train with after you finish?

Yeah man even i get surprised that i managed to get this far in terms of strength , unfortunately it hasn't shown much in terms of aesthetics and my slower metabolism isn't helping much to get rid of flab from around the stomach .

I will still continue this program till i increase around 15 kgs more in all lifts maybe then i'l switch to something similar . I am still looking forward to your progress on 5/3/1 and maybe will take help from MF once done with this .

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes mate i am sure i can always bank on your advice so i am just trying to get done with Stronglifts while i am still gaining to a decent level and from there i would like to work on building more of Aesthetics so as soon as i am done with this i am Spamming your Inbox with my queries ...haha

05/01/13

WEEK 11 WORKOUT #26 B

SQUATS

8x27kgs

5x47kgs

5x67kgs

1x5x79.5kgs

OHP

10xBar

10x25kgs

05x30kgs

5x5x42.5 kgs

DEADLIFT

5x37kgs

5x67kgs

3x87kgs

1x5x97kgs PB

Felt real good on that last set , a little shaky once i finished the set from the exertion but totally worth it .

well done on the pb mate! you still enjoying the training?

Hey mate , well i am enjoying training except for Squat , i am loving the progress with Bench and Deads but Squats are getting hard .

Also i am missing a workout partner i'd have progressed even better only if i had someone to do this workout with plus i am always little scared going under such a heavy bar lol

I am thinking of switching something up but need something very well laid out and simple like the stronglifts only .

Instead of gym yesterday i spent my day out in field with my colleagues on a company get together . The entire day was spent playing Soccer , Volley Ball and Cricket .

My legs are still sore from so much sport in one day and i can feel the stretch in my abs as well . But i really loved playing outdoors after a looong time .

well done on the pb mate! you still enjoying the training?

Hey mate , well i am enjoying training except for Squat , i am loving the progress with Bench and Deads but Squats are getting hard .

Also i am missing a workout partner i'd have progressed even better only if i had someone to do this workout with plus i am always little scared going under such a heavy bar lol

I am thinking of switching something up but need something very well laid out and simple like the stronglifts only .

i see where your coming from pal, i dont have a spotter and it can be a pain doin stuff like benches sometimes.............you dont feel like designing your own program mate?

sounds like fun doing all the sport! its nice to get outside and do something different isnt it? i bet the weather was nice with you also?

mike

Shittiest workout ever , went to gym just on a cup of coffee barely finished my 3rd Set of Bench Press when my body kinda gave up , i wonder now was this because of empty stomach or what but felt really bad . Just gave up in between instead of pushing without any strength . I plan on eating like crazy today and get back to gym tomorrow morning hopefully it works out better.

I have ordered some protein and creatine from ON , hopefully should get them by weekend and start with it from Monday . Any tips on how to go about using them to maximize the result from the supplements ? This is my first time so some guidance will really help .

Cheers

I have ordered some protein and creatine from ON , hopefully should get them by weekend and start with it from Monday . Any tips on how to go about using them to maximize the result from the supplements ? This is my first time so some guidance will really help .

Cheers

Start off with 2-4 teaspoons of creatine a day for the first few weeks and then after that you can drop it back to 1-2 teaspoons as a maintenance dose mate.

With the protein you always want to take it straight after your workout as this is when your muscles will really soak it up. You can have a shake on your rest days from the gym (just depends on whether you think you can afford to use it 7 days a week or just on your training days). For the creatine you could do one dose through the day mixed with juice or water, then the other dose you can just throw into your protein shake. Easy as that !!

@MF

thanks for the info that's just exactly the info i needed i'l kick it up from Monday . Will keep around 4 doses upto 7-8 days and around 5-7gms per day after that . And for Protein will do take 1 post workout and maybe throw in another dose in evening and stick with 1 on Non Workout Days .

10/01/13

WEEK 12 WORKOUT #27 B

SQUATS

I did my first DeLoad today , wasn't able to break the 79 kg barrier so reduced 10% and did the working weight of 72kgs today .

10xBar ATG

8x37kgs

5x57kgs

5x67kgs

3x5x72kgs

OHP

10xBar

10x25kgs

5x30kgs

5x35kgs

3x4/4/5x45 kgs PB

DEADLIFT

5x57kgs

5x77kgs

2x87kgs

1x5x102 kgs New PB

Felt really good to touch the 100kg DeadLift mark !

Got some pictures and a video done , will upload it soon .

Its been a while i uploaded any progress pictures so just putting up few today , i started Stronglifts almost 3 months ago and tomorrow will complete 12 weeks but only around 28 workouts instead of 36 because of busy work schedule .

Just to keep everyone updated , i am switching onto 3x5 from now as the workouts were getting very long . The following is my Progress in last 3 months in terms of strength .

BENCH PRESS - 27KGS > 60KGS

BARBELL ROWS - 27KGS > 57KGS

SQUATS - 27KGS > 79KGS

OHP - 27KGS > 45KGS

DEADLIFT - 57KGS > 102KGS

466836849_POSE1.thumb.jpg.57d694470dd5f013774442e42859d5c4.jpg

2056588345_POSE2.jpg.636f2829e51c6560554b53a53b7c3dd4.jpg

WP_000171.jpg.ae44d6517c04e4098a770103b7814cc9.jpg

I have still not been able to get the desired gains in the front , my chest still lags and that's one disappointment .

i am here at home in Delhi right now mate , just tried my hand at this Carrot - Lentil soup , about to eat it hope it doesnt mess my stomach. Will give you the recipe if it works out .

Was watching the cricket game between India - England .

Don't ask England won again

And well i love cooking , i was in Canada for over one year for my Pilot's training and it was very difficult to get good vegan food outside and well it was expensive as well so eventually i learnt cooking and now i always try and make my meals whenever i can .

looking good mr captfit.......getting strong now too! i used to love cooking, but cant be bothered now all i cook is rice, potatoes and if im feeling very adventurous some curry powder in my baked beans

what are you captfit a vegan or vegetarian? are the traditional foods/ways of cooking where you come from pretty healthy?